Monday, June 25, 2007

Fun at Thanksgiving Point

Well - it was a fun weekend. Saturday was Tim's company party, which was held at Thanksgiving Point this year. They gave everyone passes to all of the attractions, and even though it was a SUPER HOT (100+), we had a good time.

We started out in the gardens (my choice since they are my favorite and I wanted to go before it got too too too hot) I love to just walk around and enjoy the peace and quiet and beauty. (A little more difficult to do with 3 energetic children, but in the beautiful environment, still possible.) The first photo is one Aaron took of Tim and I at the bottom of the Italian garden fountain. The kids always have a good time in the children's garden, playing in the water and exploring the maze and bear cave, so by 12:30 we were all hot tired, and ready for lunch.

Lunch was delicious and a nice break from the sun, and they had big inflatable slides and a climbing wall for the kids to play on. The only downside here was that Tim didn't win a prize in the drawing (they had some nice prizes too. oh well, maybe next time:)

After lunch we went up to the Dinosaur museum (Officially called the North American Museum of Ancient Life, or something like that.) We had family passes to T. Point last year, so the kids have been several times before, but they love it. (Here are pictures of Trina and Aaron (and Tim) playing on the erosion table, which I love probably as much as the kids. I have to be careful to not let myself get carried away and take over the "playing.")

Included in the passes were one viewing on the Xango giant screen, so the kids and Tim went to see the 3D movie about Dinosaurs . Bryan was asleep, so I didn't go in to the movie. When Bry woke up I wandered around the museum with him. He was SO adorable to watch. I was pregnant with him when we got our passes before, so he doesn't ever remember going. He ran from one thing to the next exclaiming "wow" or "awesome" over and over. I loved it!

After the movie was over, we went to Farm Country. I think it's pretty dull, but the kids seem to enjoy it. They all got to ride the ponies, and feed some animals etc... And we took a picture of them in the only jail I hope they spend time in.


The company gave each child a "goodie bag" that included a disposable camera. My kids used up every picture on their cameras - including taking ones of the gas pump when we stopped for gas on the way home. I'm not really that excited to PAY to get these pictures developed, but the kids can't wait to see "THEIR" pictures.

We were also give 4 passes to the megaplex movie theatre, and we considered 1)taking the kids to a movie or 2) taking the kids to my mom's and then Tim and I having a little movie date night - but in the end we decided we were DONE having fun and we just wanted to go home and rest! (We're trying to plan another time to go back and use those passes)

All in all, we had a great day, and we were totally worn out by the time we got home. Okay - at least TIM and I were totally worn out. Somehow the kids found energy reserves and ran out to find friends to play with. Trina wandered home around 8:15 and was content to snuggle with Mom and watch a movie, but Aaron didn't wander in until after 9:30. I normally go out to gather them around 8:30, but I was simply too tired to get up and do it, so I'm glad he finally came home. ( I was actually heading out to get him when he came home - so I'm not a total and complete slacker mom...)

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

How glad I am that you blog.

I love hearing about your activities, and we both know that these kinds of things wouldn't make it into our sporadic e-mails or even more sporadic phone conversations.

The pictures are SO CUTE!