Friday, June 22, 2007

GO ME!!!

The title above is a "FLYlady" saying. The general message is to be proud of every accomplishment in our lives - even the ones that we might have a tendency to think are insignificant. For example:

I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch today - two healthy meals in a row... GO ME!!!

I've had 4 glasses of water so far, so I'm on track to meet my daily water requirement.. GO ME!!

I picked something for dinner and it is in the crockpot even as I sit here celebrating... GO ME!!!

I got all the dishes done and the sink clean and shiny this morning... GO ME!!!

I got up and made my bed right away... GO ME!!! (this has been a bit harder to do ever since we moved the bed downstairs. We moved it downstairs because it's so much cooler down there and I can sleep a bit better. However, it is harder to get the bed made since Bryan is often still sleeping in it when I get up, and with the bed downstairs I don't really see it again once I leave the room...)

That's about it, but I'm having so much fun celebrating my accomplishments, that I'm feeling a bit inspired to go do a some more.

GO ME!!!!!

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I am going to start saying that too! We don't praise ourselves nearly as often as we criticize do we?

Being pregnant, I congratulate you getting all that done anyway!

Like I said, "YOU GO GIRL!!!!"

Harmony said...

I never see my bed again after I leave the room either--unless I'm folding laundry on it. My bedroom is the most peaceful room in the house, but the one I spend the least time in. That probably explains why I feel so sleep-deprived. :-)

Go you! I love the idea of giving yourself credit for what you have accomplished in any given day. As a mom and as a "list person," I tend to focus on what I still need to get done, and forget to stop and think about all that I have gotten done. When I do take the time to do that, it feels good--and sometimes I even amaze myself--to realize all that I do accomplish.