Saturday, March 4, 2023

TWO weeks of clean, whole food eating.

 Today was a good Saturday.  Bountiful Baskets was a little crazy,  the truck was super late and we were missing but it all worked out fine.   I finally got home at about 9:45, ate some breakfast, then back out again to go pick up Bryan who got home from the jr./sr. trip.  He had a great time.  didn't get much sleep, ate a lot of garbage, but had a great time with some of his best friends.  (many of whom are graduating this year,) so I'm glad he got the chance to go create memories with them.


I got home from picking him up, then changed clothes to go to the funeral of a co-worker.  It was such an unexpected event. She is my age, born in 1970, (I was born in 71) and still have several kids living at home.  One in 7th grade, one in 9th grade, and I think a senior.  She was feeling just fine, no known major health concerns, then two weeks ago, (on that long weekend when we had Fri - Mon off,) I said goodbye to here on Thursday as we walked out of the school, and just a couple hours later she was gone... sudden heart attack.  (Technically, she was kept alive on life support for another week, but in reality, she was pretty much gone before they got her to the hospital. ) It has been such a jarring reminder that life is short.  You never know how much time you have or what moment may be your last.  It is so important to let those you love know how much you care - and to spend your time doing the things that matter most.

I got home from that at about 1:30... and then vegged out and watched a 1959 Cary Grant movie while I ate my lunch.  Fully intended to finish watching the movie while I cleaned the kitchen...  but you can probably guess how that intention turned out.  After the movie, I did clean the kitchen and then made dinner, before Caleb and I went over to Mapleton Jr High to watch his friend Emma in their production of Newsies Jr..  Emma was amazing - as expected, and I was pleasantly surprised with how the rest of the cast did as well.  The young man playing Jack did a great job!

We got back home just after 9pm...  I logged in her to write my entry for the day, then will do my Spanish lesson, then hopefully to go to bed semi-close to on time.  a good night's sleep will be a really GOOD thing for me!

FOOD LOG:  

breakfast - avocado toast, last of the overnight chia seed pudding

lunch - leftover stuffed shells

dinner - pumpkin black bean enchiladas.  These turned out pretty good.  They weren't too much work, certainly no more difficult that my "old regular" enchiladas, and I thought they tasted good.  (again, Tim & Bryan liked them...  Caleb wouldn't try them.  are we seeing a pattern here?)

pumpkin black bean enchiladas