Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Can I be done yet?

 Today I am feeling "Put upon."  

Before I go any further - let me be real...  much of my feeling "put upon" is MY OWN FAULT, because I have procrastinated many things, and now they are all staring me down and I am feeling the pressure.  So the reality is, I have no one to blame but myself, but I sure am looking for ANYONE or ANYTHING else I can blame...

Today I worked one of my "long days," plus extra time after school since I was assigned to be part of the team that cleans the staff lounge this week - and the "team" doesn't work very well...  oh well.  One more day!  I can do it.  Got home and ate a small snack/,lunch (leftover curry stuff with brown rice) then started some laundry, made dinner, cleaned up after dinner, did more laundry, folded lots of laundry, sorted a pile of crap in room - a lovely mixture of DI, clean laundry, and mystery laundry...  Boys got home late, after having play rehearsal after school, the staying to work the "mock disaster" until 9.    Now it's 10pm, everyone is exhausted, I am totally beat and want to go to bed, but I still have another load in the wash, so I'll need to stay up until that is done, so I can move it to the dryer.

I want to go into a little rant here...  but I think I will take some deep breaths instead and remind myself that I have to power to keep on top of things more.  I can't be mad and resentful about the things I have to do, when I am the one who could have chosen to not let the laundry pile up...


I did well again today as far as being in charge of my food choices.  THe provided lunch was sandwiches, so I chose a whole wheat roll (not a croissant) a couple sliced of turkey (first intentional meat in almost 3 weeks) with tomato and lettuce.  It was good.  I had some pasta salad & garden salad as my sides.  I waited until I had eat all of my food, then made the conscious choice and I at 4 chips.  (sour cream & Cheddar.).  The "gift today was a big mint brown (or regular brownie) and I gave mine away.  

Breakfast - I had a bowl of granola & green smoothie

lunch - lunch at work as described above, then a small amount of leftover curry & brown rice at 3:30 when I got home

dinner - Tacos.  I fried hamburger for the boys, and made quinoa "taco meat" for me.  It wasn't bad.   I froze a bag of it, so I'll have tacos again in a week or two and the "meat" will be pre-done.  I think I'll make the recipe again, even though I had some issues getting it to turn out the way it sounded in the recipe description...  but I think I'll add some peppers to the mix while I cook it.