Monday, April 20, 2009

announcing... we are hereby UNPLUGGED


For the next week I won't be hanging around in blog land. It is national "TV turn-off week 2009" and much to my children's chagrin, we are choosing to participate. Aaron literally cried for about 10 minutes when we announced last night that this is the week, and there will be no TV, or computer for the week. I am going to be allowed to check my email once a day, but that's it.

I wish it wasn't THIS particular week, being as Bryan is sick with croup right now, plus Caleb, Katrina, and I are all sick with this yucky cough/cold thing; but oh well - We will just have to do the best we can.

See y'all next week!

7 comments:

Shellie said...

I wish I'd seen that a few days ago-I would love to join in- I'll remember that next year!

Corinne said...

We had that experiment at our house last year. I didn't think we watched that much tv but it was SO hard. I'm proud of you for doing it though.

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

That's great you're participating! I didn't realize it was going on. Too bad some of you are sick, good luck!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Good luck! I hope it goes well. Happy (belated) Easter!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

The week is over!!! Plug it back in!

By the way, thank you so much for letting Elizabeth and I stay at your house! It was so fun to see you!

Tristi Pinkston said...

No computer? No computer? I'm gasping for oxygen ... I would not be able to survive that.

We have been cable-free for about six months now, and just watch the movies we have that I know are good, and that's been good for our home.

Good luck ... I need a brown paper bag to breathe in.

ali cross said...

You unplugged for so long you forgot to come back! Miss you!