Saturday, April 11, 2009

PEE-YEW!!!! STINK-A-RAMA!!!!!

You know that horrific smell of burnt-to-oblivion microwave popcorn? The eye-watering, nostril-burning, linger-in-the-house-for-days smell? You know the one, right?

Well, tonight we discovered one that I think just might top that awful burnt popcorn smell; sniff for sniff, tear for eye watering tear. I can't tell you how long the stench lingers, but it's been just over 5 hours now and it's still going strong...

I know you are dying to know....

A while back I made some apple cinnamon pancakes. I made an extra large batch and froze the leftovers. I wasn't feeling too well tonight, so this made for a quick, easy, and yummy dinner. Bryan had successfully heated up 2 pancakes already, so when he went to microwave a third, I just told him "push 3-zero, then start," and I didn't bother to look. I was working at getting my stuff ready for primary singing time tomorrow and didn't notice how long the pancake had been cooking. Pretty soon Bryan says to me, "mom, there is smoke on my pancake." OH BABY - was there ever!

You may know the drill - (my family knows the routine all too well, thanks to my amazing ability to become distracted easily whenever I am cooking) open all doors and windows, stand under the smoke alarm waving the broom in the vain attempt to keep the smoke from setting it off, then covering your ears (or the baby's ears) until the air clears and the alarm finally goes off.....
We still have a couple windows open, which wouldn't be bad except that it is a bit chilly outside tonight. Oh well, such is life.

Here's a shot of the offending pancake:


(looks tasty doesn't it???)

So now you know - if you ever need a mean prank and want to stink up someones office or home, but you are out of microwave popcorn - throw in an apple cinnamon pancake and nuke it to death - it'll do ya proud!

warning: this last part is the "late night addition" and is really kinda gross... read at your own risk!!!

I mean it, you're going to wish you had stopped reading....

you're still here? okay... here you go.

All the adventure with the pancake, and house guests and all, I guess it got to Caleb or something, because I was just sitting there working on this post, holding Caleb, when he suddenly decides to HEAVE!!! Luckily, I have pretty good 'kid vomit reflexes' and most of the foul smelling stuff landed on the floor instead of me, the keyboard, and the computer desk. Another good thing is that the scripture about dogs turning to vomit is based on fact, and Jasmine did most of the dirty work as far as clean up goes.
(I know, I know, EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW gross and TMI, but I tried to warn you!)

SO - just imagine for a moment the delight of sitting there with my sweetie, watching a nice movie together for our little date night, surrounded on all fronts by the lovely smells of VOMIT and BURNT PANCAKE. MmMmMmMmMmmmm - who says romance is dead at my house? HUH?????

5 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Ugh, how awful!

Jeri said...

Ya - it's pretty bad! my eyes are STILL having a tough time!

Anonymous said...

EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Just reading that last bit did it for me - I'm heading for the Pepto right this minute! Would you like some too??

ali cross said...

ROFL!!! Eww, yuck and gross!

Great post though Jeri ;)

Shellie said...

EWWW! But I'm glad for your reflexes, dog, and sense of humor!