Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday HOLLY!!!!!


Today is the birthday of my wonderful neighbor and friend. Holly has been featured in a previous post titled "Matilda." She is the one who volunteered to take my kids over night while Tim and I had an evening away. She is a beautiful person, INSIDE and OUT, and I am grateful to be able to call her friend. (My friend Charlotte gave me the "write a poem" idea, but don't anyone else get your hopes up. Remembering birthdays is not my strong point.)

(sung to the "I have a little turtle" tune)

I have great friend Holly,
she is the very best
you may think I am joking,
I promise it's no jest

In looks - she is a beauty,
In brains - I think she's tops
No matter what she takes on
it never ever flops!

There's service freely given,
She's thoughtful day and night
She's off the chart for kindness
Loves the Lord with all her might.

As today is Holly's birthday
and shopping I detest
I hope this poem lets her know
SHE IS THE VERY BEST!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!! I love and appreciate all you do for me and my family.
My kids couldn't ask for a better surrogate aunt. It's not the most fabulous picture, (she might kill me for posting it, but oh well...) but it's literally the ONLY one I have. It's one Aaron took from the back seat while we were riding in the van.

1 comment:

Holly said...

LOL!!! I suppose that picture makes us even for the one I posted of you from our Disney party...right? Thank you for the birthday wishes and the poem (I'm going to journal it as soon as I finish this comment). I'm so happy to be a surrogate part of your family...you guys mean so much to me! I love you!!!!