Saturday, January 24, 2009

nothing new

I just realized it's been a while since I last posted. I feel like I've been busy, yet at the same time can't think of anything significant to report.

Lets see, here are some highlights since I last posted:

* Aaron is grounded from playing with Mr T for the rest of the month. Not due to some super horrific behavior, but because they LIED about a bad choice and bullying behavior that they chose to participate in. It is the lying that was the mitigating factor. The behavior itself would have resulted in immediately sending his friends home for the day and then going over to apologize to the other kids involved and it would have been over.

* I've been attempting to teach Aaron to play racquetball. I love to play (not very good, but I enjoy it) and Aaron seems to be enjoying learning. We've played twice now and I've seen improvement. He gets to go on Saturdays if he gets all of his Saturday jobs done.

* Holly and I are on track with our exercising. We average about 2 1/2 miles per night, and try to run/jog at least 3 of the laps. We're thinking that we are almost ready to bump it up a notch; adding another running lap and increasing the distance to a nice round 3 miles.

* I've had sick kids (Aaron and Caleb) and a sick hubby this week. Some kind of mild flu-like bug or something. I just kept praying that I would stay healthy until After church tomorrow. It is ward conference and the primary is singing prelude and I would feel just AWFUL calling a sub.

* Aaron and Katrina are enjoying Farworld. We are about 1/4 the way through. (Its a 400+ page book) I gave up on trying to wait and I finished reading it yesterday. Aaron was mad that I read ahead and Tim's perspective was that it was a waste of my time since I'm just reading again anyway to the kids, but HELLO! I couldn't wait anymore to see how it ended. Now I just have to wait until book 2 comes out...

* Aaron seems to be doing better in school. Usually seems to have a better attitude about it.

* Bryan is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! I have the hardest time telling him no, cause he is just so adorable. I took him out with me tonight to run a couple errands and in both stores, the cashiers were completely enamored with him.

Like I said, nothing exciting or really amazing, but at least you know what I'm up to.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Do you and Aaron play the two-bounce rule or the one-bounce rule?


As to reading ahead--I know the feeling. I STILL often read the last chapter of a book before I've finished with the book. At least you read the thing in order.

Jeri said...

we're playing by the "see if Aaron can hit it before it is rolling on the ground" rule.

(I try to hit mine on the one bounce rule, of course...)

Kristi said...

I played raquetball with my dad once or twice and he literally creamed me so bad that I never wanted to play it again. Sounds like you are taking a more positive approach.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I've got that awful bug! I feel like crap! I hope I get better soon. I hat e feeling sick.

I used to love racquetball. I haven't playing in years though. Sounds fun.