Saturday, January 3, 2009

Joe's goals - for Jeri

Hiya.

If you look on the left side of the page, you'll see a new feature. It is courtesy of http://www.joesgoals.com/. Joe's goals is basically the same type of system I set up on my own last year to track the work I did during the day. The plus about this is that I don't have to do anything but enter the goals, and check them off when I complete them. Plus he provided a little thing (is it called a "widget" maybe???) for my blog.

The spreadsheet I set up for myself had a whole bunch of things that I could earn points for, and I found that I could still get lots of points without doing some of the ESSENTIAL things like prayer and scripture. I am using Joe's site to track the key elements of each of my new years goals. (and having the visual tracker thing here on my blog will hopefully spur me on to do a bit better than I might otherwise do...)

for my "improve my overall health" goal, I am tracking 1) 30 minutes (min.) of exercise 2) 8 glasses of water and 3) NO CHOCOLATE. (my unwritten goal is to lose 25 lbs this year, but I know you aren't supposed to set "weight loss" goals, so I just have that in my minds as the reward for what I hope will be the result of less junk food, no chocolate, and more whole foods, exercise, and water...)

for my "establish a house of order" goal, I am tracking 1) clean the kitchen 2) 15 minutes per day de-cluttering/organizing 3) flylady's daily mission and 4) doing school/learning time with katrina and bryan during the day

and for my "increase testimony and personal spirituality" goal I am tracking 1) scripture study 2) prayer/meditation 3) writing in my journal

in order to accomplish everything I want to do each day and to be healthy, I am also tracking if I am awake and out of bed by 7am

I can earn a total of 10 points each day. (eating chocolate is -1, so if I DO everything right, but give in to my addiction and eat some chocolate, I will only score a total of 9)

I'm hoping this will help me really focus on the basics and get into the habit of doing these things on a regular, daily basis. None of them are particularly difficult, but I sure have a tough time doing them consistently.

So there you have it.

2 comments:

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Pretty coal idea--thanks for sharing!

ali cross said...

That is really cool Jeri, thanks for sharing that! I'd never heard of that place before.

Great goals, too btw. I'm totally a Flybaby too. I love Flylady's system and would be (was) lost without her.

Good luck to you! I believe you're going to be very pleased with your progress!