Wednesday, January 14, 2009

another slump!

I WAS doing really well. Everyday from Jan 1st until Sunday I cleaned the kitchen. It looked great. I felt good about it and what I was getting done each day. Because the house was cleaner, I felt free to take more time to read my scriptures, play and do school time with Trina and Bryan, do other "fun" things etc... and I was just all around happier.
Sunday threw me a curve ball when all day I felt like the house slave.

My day went pretty much like this: make breakfast, clean up some of breakfast, get everyone ready and to church by 9, come home and make lunch, clean up again, throw together cheesy potatoes for dinner and start the ham cooking, go to choir practice, come home, finish making preparations for dinner, eat dinner, clean up some of dinner (not much since at this point I was SICK of the the kitchen and well into QUITTING/mad at the world mode, then went to yet another meeting.

When I got home, Tim had done some cleaning up, but not a lot. (inhis defense I left all four kids home with him while iI was gone.) I just couldn't bring myself to clean it up, so I went to bed. Monday I had a dr. appt, so by the time I got back to the kitchen Monday afternoon, there were dishes from Sunday night, Monday morning, and Monday lunch all waiting for me. I was overwhlemed and frustrated that all of my effort and hard work was so easily undone, and while I made a few half-hearted stabs at restoring the order, I have yet to earn another "clean the kitchen" point - which in turn leads to feelings of the BLAHS, which leads to not doing other things on my list, which leads to more BLAH feelings. You get the general idea.

I HAVE gone walking each night this week, and that is good. We have started running 1 lap of each mile. Not much yet, I know, but we will SLOWLY work to increase that amount. I am going to try tomorrow to buckle down and get the kitchen cleaned up again. It really does make SUCH a difference in my mood. It is just so tough to maintain. I feel like I am climbing a huge mountain, hard enough for me to climb in and of itself, with people just hanging onto me trying to pull me back down. I am living the proverbial one step forward and two steps back - only mine is more like 1 step forward 10 steps back...

Well - here's hoping that tomorrow I have a super great day and you see the graph on the "jeri's goals" tracker shoot back up again!.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Isn't it weird how the kitchen makes SUCH a big difference?

I never never never would have guessed that--for either of us. I mean, it's just a room, right?

Room or not though, when it's clean I'm more at peace and when it's not, I'm more on edge and cranky.

It should be called "the mood room in which you cook", not the kitchen.

What kind of a name is kitchen, anyway?

And now that I've written enough here that I really should have spared you and made my own short blog post, I'll end.

ali cross said...

I SO know what you mean!

I'm right there with ya Jeri. Trying to undo the blahness today though!