Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blogging Bug meme

I have never done one of these meme things (by choice) but I got tagged by Karlene and since (1) I've been such a lousy blogger for the past while and (2) this looked pretty quick and easy; I decided to do it.

*I'm telling you, my kids have a sixth sense. As soon as I started typing that short intro, Caleb woke up from his nap and started crying, and Bryan woke up from his nap. I swear to you - they are out to stop my blogging! I'll be back...

I'M BACK.... and now the meme

How long have you been blogging?

March 22, 2007 (wow, has it really been almost a whole year?? how time flies!)

What inspired you to start your blog, and who are your mentors?

My dear friends Charlotte and Melissa (former college roommates). I found out they had blogs and for several months I was totally addicted to checking their blogs. I loved feeling like once again I knew what was going on in their lives. It was fun to read about their ups and downs, laughter and heartaches etc... I love it. This may sound terrible, but I also love that as a blog reader you can be as involved (leaving comments) or uninvolved as you choose (or in my case, as involved as time permits. I used to leave comments all the time, but as my blogroll reading list gets longer, I leave fewer and fewer comments - but rest assured, I'm still visiting, reading and loving that I get to share in and be a part of your lives. (if only in a virtual cyberspace way)

Are you trying to make money online, or are you doing it just for fun?

Heavens no! I'm just your boring, run of the mill, just for fun, journal type blogger. I blog so that my friends and family (and anyone else who for whatever reason might care to know what I happened to get done around the house on any particular day). It also helps me feel like I'm keeping a journal of sorts. (one of those commandments that I am pretty bad at keeping) Granted, I don't put in things that are super personal or private, for obvious reasons, but I figure it's better than nothing.

What 3 things do you love about being online?

1) Speed and convenience - so much faster than snail mail and more convenient than playing telephone tag.

2) You can find anything online (good and bad)

3) I love the new bloggy friends I've made and how much more connected I feel with family and old (in length of friendship, not age) friends.

Chat and IM.

Pretty much only with my husband during the day while he's at work. That way I can ask him questions, tell him things, etc... without having to call long distance or interrupt his work quite so much as I would with a phone call.

Tag

No one in particular. Do it if you want:)

No comments: