Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"fun" at my house

Well, we are having loads of fun at our house right now. Katrina has come down with a horrible cough/cold. She's been running a fever, sneezing, and hacking all the time. Bryan seems to fighting something too - he is whiny and tired all the time. Aaron also seems to have a slight cold, but nothing serious there yet. In addition to the extra stresses that come with sick kids, I got to go back to the dentist yesterday. The root canal on Friday took longer than expected, so they didn't have time to get it to the point of a temporary crown, they just did a temporary "build up." SO, I got to go back and have them drill out the build up and then poke and prod and basically torture me for 2 hours to put on a temporary crown. I get to go back in two weeks for the permanent crown, but they assured me that one will only take 15 minutes. (The told me that yesterday's appointment would only take ONE hour...) I reconfirmed as I was leaving that the next appointment would only be 15 minutes. They said yes, and I said "good, because I will be bringing all 3 of my children." (Is that a threat or what??)
Today I have an appointment with my midwife for some basic women's issues that I won't discuss here, and I absolutely have to get a menu planned and then get to the grocery store. THAT should be loads of fun... grocery shopping with two sick kids and a new baby. Wow - can I contain my JOY??? I'll just have to buy myself some good chocolate as a reward. (I know, I know, that isn't exactly fulfilling the "eat better" part of my fitness goal, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Gotta get working - lots to do. Hope y'all have a great day!

5 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

OK Jeri, I absolutly loved this post!

It sounds like my life! We have that bad cold tool It seems like it never goes away! I hate taking my sick baby out and I have to go grocery shopping too. UGGG!

Charlotte said...

You make me scared to death to have children . . .

Only teasing. Sometimes I wonder how moms do it. Probably because they don't have much of a choice.

Hang in there, and I hope all your kids get better.

ali cross said...

Oh man! Sorry for all the sickies in your house Jeri! I hope everyone gets better soon ... and you survived the shopping!

Harmony said...

I hope your baby likes chocolate too, because it sounds like you need it and deserve it!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sounds busy! I hope you travel safely in the "out and about" with all the snow!

Happy valentine's day!