Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday's Gratitude & Weekly report

So much for my theory that it would be easier to post on Sunday's ... Yesterday just totally got away from me, so here I am, posting my "Sunday gratitude post" on Monday.

Today I am thankful for....

* Bryan is potty trained! (Diapers at night still, but I'll still save a ton on the diaper budget)

* The kids are finally starting to feel better. (Now Tim is sick:( )

* Homemade marble runs. Bryan sat on the floor yesterday for literally 2 hours(in two sittings), continually feeding the marbles into the top and watching them roll down to the bottom.

* Nature. I love looking up on the mountain and watching the deer and elk. (there's an elk herd up there today that I've been watching.)

* SPRING IS IN THE AIR (I love spring, and I can just feel it coming...)

* Nice weather on Saturday that allowed me to get out and pull a TON of weeds. The ground is just perfect for pulling out those giant tap roots, and it feels so great to look out the window and see such a drastic improvement after only an hour or so of pulling.

* The smells of spring - rain, freshly turned dirt, flowers, fresh air, etc... (On Saturday we turned off the furnace and opened up all the windows to air everything out)

* Our new play ground. The kids just love it. They have been out there pretty much non-stop since Wednesday.

* (I have to admit, I am still thankful for soft pillows, naps, and a good nights sleep - but I'm not quite so desperate for them:)

And now, the weekly report on my goal progress

1) better housekeeper.
better than last week. I didn't do any of the daily missions for the week (FLYzone was the master bedroom), but right now, the kitchen is clean, the laundry is under control, I tackled (and eliminated) the mending pile, and the kids rooms got cleaned on Saturday. Over all I feel good about the week and feel like I did some catching up. I'm also feeling pretty optimistic about this upcoming week.

2) reading scriptures.
I read from the Book of Mormon almost every day. I once again got 'ahead' on my reading, but then fell behind again. Family scripture study - we missed a few mornings again this week, but it was better than last week.

3) better care of my physical body.
Once again, I have not done well here. The numbers on the bathroom scale are going up, not down:( I did exercise a little bit one day, but the little bit of exercise simply can't keep up with the large amounts of chocolate that I eat when I feel stressed out. I am blaming the kids being sick on my increased chocolate consumption, but the truth is I just need to exercise more self control.

And now, another week has begun... GO ME!

3 comments:

Jennica said...

I love this post. I love reading what you are thankful for.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Yes, this weather has been so great! I hope it lasts!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You make me laugh! Your day sounded wonderful!! You are doing great!

As far as the scale goes, your weight will change day to day based on the weight of food you ate the day before, hormones, water consumption etc.

To get your true weight, you have to do it first thing in the morning, naked, after you have gone to the bathroom. Then average the whole week together to get where you really are!

Anyway, enough preaching. Just go day to day. I keep telling myself "I can do it for one day!" and I do that every day.

My other mantra is.."Noting tastes as good as thin feels". Everytime I want to eat something I know I shouldn't, i say this! HOpe it helps.