Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday's Gratitude & Weekly report

Today I am thankful for....

* we are not in the hospital (Caleb has RSV but is still ok, we're just watching him closely)

* good food and good friends (we had our friend Nancy (the one who lived with us in Sept.) over for dinner. She was up from Cedar City for the weekend and the kids were so excited to see and visit with her - and get the presents she brought them...)

* antibiotics (I finally gave in on Saturday, paid the 3x higher "after hours" co-pay, and took Caleb and Katrina to the Dr. Along with Caleb's diagnosis of RSV, the dr. found that both kids had ear infections. Katrina's was a "no wonder she's been screaming for 4 hours straight, she definitely needs an antibiotic" infection. Caleb's is pretty mild, one that normally I'd wait to see if it would clear up on its own, but since he's already fighting the RSV, the dr. strongly recommended he be on an antibiotic as well.

This may sound terrible, but I'm having a hard time here. I really am grateful for lots of things, but I'm having a hard time thinking of something to write right now. I think it's sleep deprivation. This may be terrible, but I am just going to write what I feel like writing and if you think I am terrible, so be it...

* a nice soft pillow

* naps

* a good nights sleep

* sleeping in (This morning I didn't wake up until 8:30. I heard Tim and the kids in the kitchen, and rolled over and went back to sleep for another hour.)


And now, the weekly report on my goal progress

GOALS??? Do I have goals??? (see the last four thankful bullets if you want my REAL goals for the past week.)

1) better housekeeper.
um... not so great. The Flylady zone this week was the laundry room and the bathroom. I DID get the main bathroom cleaned thoroughly, but I did it all on Saturday, not in the daily missions sort of way.

2) reading scriptures.
Personally, I read from the Book of Mormon every day but Saturday. I actually got ahead on my reading, but since I skipped Sat., the 'Challenge tracker' has me as 3 pages behind. (it's still better than last week when I was 16 pages behind) Family scripture study - we missed several mornings this week. I have just been too tired to get up and get it done.

3) better care of my physical body.

NOT!!!


Thank goodness every 7 days we get a new week - "with no mistakes in it" (as Anne of Green Gables would say). GO ME!

6 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I hope this coming week will be calmer for you, and that everyone gets, and stays, better.

Harmony said...

Jeri, sometimes you just gotta cut yourself some slack! One of those times is right after having a baby--for at least two months or until the baby is sleeping through the night. Another one of those times is when you have sick kids. So what if your house isn't spic and span? Under the circumstances, it only needs to be clean enough to not cause any more sickness. :-) Don't be so hard on yourself--my two cents!

Shellie said...

I think your goals in the bullet section are great! Sometimes we need rest to get on with the other stuff. Especially the baby time and sick kid time. Resting and sleeping in WERE taking care of your body!!! I think you met your cleaning goal if you got your zone done on Saturday. I'm being a total slacker right now, I just need to get files and taxes done and get my control journal together, then I'll try to attack the zone thing. Remember BABY steps!!!

musicmom said...

This is a time in your life when sleep is more important than the bathroom. This is also the time when paper plates and cups are a good invention. I hope for all your sakes that no one else gets sick/sicker, and that life will calm down. In the mean time, ignore your goals, they will be there when the sickness is over, and you can pick up where you left off. Baby steps is a good goal for all of us.

Charlotte said...

Go you(!) indeed.

Have you considered putting a tape line through the laundry room? That way you can pretend that the "laundry room fairy" had the responsibility to clean the dirty half.

Did you ever notice how some of "our" messes mysteriously made their way over to "your" half of the room back in the SUU days? Yup, you were my laundry room fairy.

Among the blessings I count all the time is the one that you continued to endure me through all that time.

:)

Jeri said...

Charlotte - you're a riot! I don't remember any of "our" messes moving across the tape line. I don't think there ever were such things. I only remember that my side of the room was always messy and cluttered and yours was always clean and orderly. And I think we both know that you did WAY more ENDURING than I ever did. Truth be told, the only thing that really needed "enduring" were some of your food experiments, and most of them turned out pretty good. (a certain burnt frosting and a certain soup (was it 'cold asparagus' or something like that???) come to mind. Other than that - you were a DREAM roommate... and I love you!