Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gratitude & Weekly report

For a while I sort of had the personal "no blogging on Sunday" rule, but I am going to try something new. I am going to try to do a post each Sunday. (I'm hoping it will be a little easier to sit down and do it since Tim is home most of the time.) In attempting to keep the Sabbath Day holy, my Sunday post will consist of 2 things, (1) a short list of things I am grateful for from the past week, and (2) a report on my progress with my goals. So, here we go:

I am thankful for....

* new baby smiles

* disposable diapers

* dentists (this is a stretch, but when I consider that the alternative is either a lifetime of pain or NO TEETH, I'll be grateful for the dentist and my recent root canal - OUCH)

* a mom who lives close enough and is willing to watch my kids while I had the aforementioned dental work done

*the large amounts of snow we've received (I'm always praying for more moisture to help with Utah's continuous drought conditions)

* warm sunny days to take the kids sledding

* clean kitchens

* a wonderful husband who puts up with all my idiosyncrasies

* a testimony of the priesthood and the organization of the church


* a wonderful Stake Presidency (that was released today) Our former Stake Pres was an amazing man. He just totally radiated the love of Christ. He spent the last 9 years teaching us and encouraging us to become a "Zion" people. I believe this came naturally for him because he truly has a "Zion" heart.


And now, a weekly report on my goal progress


1) better housekeeper.
I completed all of the FLYLady daily missions for the week. My kitchen stayed pretty clean most of the week. (It's not clean now because I spent most of the day at the hospital visiting a friend, so I haven't cleaned up dinner, but it will be a quick fix in the morning.)

2) reading scriptures.
I have read from the Book of Mormon every day since Wed. The Hinckley Challenge tracker has me as 16 pages behind, but I started 3 days late and today I didn't read very much. Family scripture study - we missed Friday morning and this morning, but I am still feeling like we are doing better than we ever have before so I am pleased.

3) better care of my physical body.
Well....... I exercised one day. (I think it was Wed or Thursday, I forget. I think I posted a small something about it???) I did work on cleaning up downstairs so that I could get the treadmill unburied, and while I was gone today Tim finish uncovering it, so now if I can just make myself DO IT - the treadmill is ready and waiting...


and now - it's a new week. GO ME!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear about the root canal.

I really like Fly lady.