Friday, July 20, 2007

Updates

Me: Yesterday was a really good day (anyone else here noticing a pattern? Good day/bad day - let's hope we break the cycle today-- I'm going for 2 good days in a row...) Knowing that I don't sleep well when Tim is away, I chose to work really really hard all day - so that I'd be really tired come night time. I disassembled the bunk bed that was downstairs - hauled it upstairs and put it back together. Took apart and moved the crib into the other upstairs bedroom. Rearranged the dressers and kid furniture stuff into the "new" correct bedrooms. I moved Bryan to the lower bunk (he slept there last night pretty well) and Aaron will be on the upper bunk. Trina will stay in the other room and when the baby comes they'll share a room. (We have another bedroom downstairs (which I spent a whole week last year painting in a Buzz Lightyear space theme for Aaron), but neither of the kids will sleep down there in "the scary spooky basement!")
Today I plan to continue the rearranging - maybe swapping out Trina's full size bed for the twin I have in the storage room, putting up the full (or the twin if Trina continues to balk at the swap) bed in the "space room" - after I get it cleaned up. The room is really messy, because even though the room to to "scary" to sleep in, they love to play down there and I never go down to supervise the clean-up, so it doesn't happen) I'm going to have the kids help me go through the toys and throw out things that don't get played with or are missing pieces, etc...
I also have on my agenda today to go through Aaron school clothes and see what still fits so that I can order whatever things he needs. (He wears a uniform, so it makes it MUCH easier to shop and carryover clothes from year to year.)

Pregnancy: Almost 1/2 way! I am at 19 weeks. My ultra sound is scheduled for next Wednesday, but I don't plan to find out what we're having. I prefer to have it be a surprise at birth. Things seem to be going fine, I've pretty much run out of my "regular clothes" that I can fit into, so I've pulled out the maternity stuff. I've loving not feeling sick all the time, and my energy levels are much better. (the mood swings are still more drastic than I've ever had before, but I'm hoping it's the pregnancy - and not my actual permanent mental state.

I was going to do a few other chit chat updates, but this has gone on long enough, so I'll sign of and get to work! I told Aaron that if he helps out today and works hard, then I will take us out to chuck-e-cheese for dinner. By the look on his face, I think I've recruited a helper (for at least a while:)

Later -

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Holy cow, you must have had some energy to do all those projects! I do remember how good it felt while pregnant to have one of those rare days of energy. You have to enjoy and take advantage of them when they happen.