Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Today was a BUSY day. But a good one. Yesterday my little sister had her baby, a little girl after 4 boys. The baby was transverse breach and had to be delivered C-Section. She's now wondering how in the world she is going to take care of husband, new baby, 4 boys, and the house, when she isn't supposed to climb stairs, bend over, lift anything, vacuum, do laundry, etc... for 6 weeks. She said, "I might be able to put together a dinner, but I can't bend over and lift it in and out of the oven. (Her oldest is 10, so he can help quite a bit, but still...)

Her husband was able to take most of this week off, so I am planning to go up this weekend and spend a week up there "helping." I have to put that in quotes because I'm not sure how much help I can be when my coming up adds a tired, hormonal pregnant woman and three more rambunctious kids to the mix... but I'll do my best.

In order to hopefully be more helpful, I spent the day today making freezer meals for the week I'll be up there. I figure that it will save me LOTS and LOTS of time and energy in food prep time and clean up time. I'll just have to thaw the food and then either put it in to bake or re-heat it. Should make it much easier. I also made a couple extra meals (and my sister in law is making a couple) so that I can leave them up there when I leave - so that Laura will have another week of heat and eat meals after I've come back home.

I had a friend come over to help me put the meals together, and then she stayed to help me get the house put back together. (It was pretty chaotic after 4 hours of making meals and the kids entertaining themselves and their 4 friends that had ended up over here:) We got the house looking pretty good - I have to confess that I quit cleaning before she did (I was DEAD on my feet - and I promise I told her to stop and call it a day)- but it sure was super nice of her to keep going until the house was done. Now I am completely WORN OUT and ready to go to sleep! I'm tired enough that hopefully I'll be able to get a good nights sleep tonight. (I've been having a really tough time sleeping - even downstairs in the cooler temp.)

As tired as I am, it's nice to feel a little more prepared for my upcoming Montana adventure - and it feels good to know I had a really productive day.

1 comment:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Sounds like you had fun! That is so good of you to go help when you are not feeling up to par.

You are wonderful Jeri! I hope you know that!