Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm back!

Hello again. I meant to get one last post before I left for Montana, but as you can see - that didn't happen, and since Laura doesn't currently have Internet service, I wasn't able to check and send email or post anything.

It was a long and exhausting week, but good. My mom ended up going with me instead of my dad, and that was a HUGE help for me. My mom is like a total workhorse. She NEVER stops going. She's the kind of person that puts the energizer bunny to shame. We basically spent the week trying to keep the laundry done, people feed, and house clean-ish. We tried to take the kids out for at least a couple hours each day in the afternoon so that Laura could get some sleep. Laura seemed to make some good progress in the re-cooperating arena as well. When we got there she was still having trouble getting up and down off the couch, and it was still incredibly painful to walk, sit, move, etc... When we left she seemed to have more energy, and was moving a bit less tentatively. Damon's parents are supposed to go up there this week to help out, so hopefully that will happen. If not, we left a freezer full of ready to eat or ready to bake meals, and when we left Saturday at 3:00 am, all the laundry was done.

The new baby, Bethany, is just adorable. Unfortunately I forgot to take the digital camera - so I can't post any pictures. You'll just have to take my word for it. She is so TINY! She had her two week (just shy of) check up the day before we left and she weighed 6.8. (My smallest baby was born 7.13, so Bethany seems just SO SO TINY to me! You wouldn't think that 1 1/2 pounds would make THAT big of a difference, but it sure seemed to.

When we got back Saturday, I was SO tired. Luckily, we had our annual neighborhood HOA picnic Saturday, and on Sunday my neighbors invited us over for Sunday dinner, so I haven't had to cook at all since I got home. Tim had the whole house clean and sparkling (he even cleaned out the fridge - which has been in desperate need for a while...) He had a table cloth on the table, with flowers, a gift, some chocolate, and the sweetest note I've ever received! I was SO Sweet! Apparently, he missed me while I was gone. (This is like the first time I've been gone for a long time and left him at home. Usually it's him that is gone - for work, or scout camps etc...) Suffice it to say, it was a very nice atmosphere to come home to, and I feel more loved, more appreciated, and more beautiful - It's a nice feeling!


My agenda for today is to water the garden, clean out the van, tackle some of the mountain of laundry (not as bad as it could have been, since I did 2 loads of my own stuff while in MT.), and plan out the menu for the week so I can go shopping to restock the newly cleaned out fridge.

It's good to be home, and good to feel fairly rested after a pretty relaxing Saturday night and Sunday.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Welcome back. I wondered what was going on with the dearth of posts, but I should have figured that you had just gone to Montana.

How fun to be able to enjoy all that Tim did for you upon your return! I always did like that Tim.