Monday, July 23, 2007

Things are going well

I hope I don't jinx myself by saying it - but things really have been going pretty well the past couple days? (Hmmmmmm - maybe I should "repent" more often?????)

Tim got home early from scout camp. Instead of leaving the camp (four hours away) on Saturday morning, they packed up and came home Friday night. He nearly gave me a heart attack when I heard him "breaking in" just after midnight. It was great to have him home all day Saturday though. He was a huge help in helping me get everything finished up in the big room re-arrange and de-junking/organizing toys campaign. I was pretty much burned out by mid day on Saturday and I honestly don't think I would have been able to push through to the end. We got it done - and as a reward (for the kids, not us) we went to Chuck-E-Cheese for dinner. The kids had a great time blowing their 130+ tokens on the games and rides. It was super fun for the kids, and it is always fun for me to see them having fun. (Plus, I didn't have to make dinner:)

Saturday our August issue of the Ensign came and one of the cover articles caught my attention. The article is titled - "Overcoming Feelings of Inadequacy." I immediately opened it up to read, and Tim happened to walk by. He saw the title and said something like "oh, that looks like just what you need." I couldn't agree more. It was such a boon to my soul and exactly what I needed to read right now. One highlight was that he suggested that when you attend church, you should go with " a willingness to feel and be strengthened." He said we need to stop rushing around on Sunday's trying to get everything (and more) done, and that our church meetings are a time for us to be strengthened - not just to come home with a longer checklist of things to do. I did that yesterday. I spent the day feeling and desiring to be strengthened, and not worrying about everything I wasn't doing exactly right. I have to say, I had a delightful Sabbath. (This article was based on a conference talk given by Elder Maxwell 31 years ago titled "not withstanding my weakness") I plan to look that talk up and use it for my gospel study today.)

Anyway - I was going to talk about what I'm currently pondering, and invite your opinions - but I think this is already plenty long, so tune in tomorrow for the opportunity to chime in on my current "gospel question/pondering"

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I love how open you are about your struggles. It takes a fair amount of confidence as well as humility to let the world know when things aren't going the way they would if you were playing the lead female role in one of those Disney Sunday Night Movies.

You manage to do it quite well.