Sunday, November 24, 2013

world's worst mom?

(or maybe the "best" if  not freaking out in times of crisis is a good thing...)

So today I was down at the Lea's for our primary presidency meeting.  About 20 minutes into the meeting, my cell phone rang.  I saw it was a call from  home.  it was Aaron,

"Hey mom.  are you busy?"  Um, yes Aaron, I am in the middle of my meeting, what do you need?

"Well, .....  I don't know exactly what happened....  but Bryan and Caleb were doing something, ...  I  don't know what.... but then Bryan was screaming and everything..."

(i  interrupt here,  "Aaron, you need to get dad and let him handle it.")

"I know, Dad is with Bryan, he's taking him to the doctor."

WHAT???  why is he taking Bryan to the doctor???

"well, I don't know what happened...   but Bryan had a hole in his head and it was bleeding and everything..."

at that point I figured there was nothing I could do - so my 'mother of the year' response was something like this, "OK, thanks for telling me.  I have to finish my meeting.  Choir practice is at our house right when I get home, so if  there is any blood, please clean it up."  (the Mclaughlin's  have sick kids at their house, so she had asked this morning if I would host & lead sectionals for the women)

About 45 minutes into choir, Tim & Bryan got home.  3 stitches right across the bridge of his nose!  Apparently he and Caleb had been playing the"telephone game" with the vacuum  hose, then started whipping it, and Bryan whipped it so hard Caleb let go of his end - it whipped up and took a chunk out of Bryan's nose.  OUCH!

Aaron was still claiming bragging rights to having the most stitches, (his 13 at one time from when  he was 5) but Bryan is catching up - slowly  but surely...