Monday, November 11, 2013

Mission accomplished... then crash and burn

Yesterday (Sunday) was a FANTASTIC  day!  It was the day of the primary program, and the program went GREAT.   Several months  back when we started planning the program,  I was going to write it the same way they have  the past several years, where as a presidency they divide  up the  monthly themes and classes, and they each write a portion.  We  started in t hat direction,  but it  didn't feel  right,  so I ended up taking  it on my own responsibility.   I had an idea of what I wanted,  and decided I would rather do it  myself  than not have it be what I wanted.

The theme for the year has  been  "I am a child of God,"  and the vision I had was that I wanted the theme to carry through the program.   I didn't want people to get to the end and not really know what our focus was.   The way I planned it was that for each  monthly theme, the children in the assigned class presented the basic doctrines,  with a lot of personalize parts (Like the CTR 5 class talked  about how Jesus created the earth,  under  the direction of Heavenly Father, and several of the kids told what their favorite creation was and why.)  Then they final child would introduce  themselves by name, say a few t hings about themselves, like things they like to do, then tie in the monthly theme,  and end with "but the most  important thing about me is that I am a child of  God and He loves me."  and example  of this was  one girl who's class had  the topic of  the atonement of Jesus Christ.  Her part was, "My name is Sadie, I am 10 years old and I love to swim and read. I always try to choose the right, but sometimes I make mistakes. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, I can repent and be forgiven. The most important thing about me, is that I am a child of God and He loves me."

The children sang beautifully, and even though the music didn't have some elements that I would have wanted if I had been the music leader, it was still good. I had a spot a the end for bishop Hickman to make a few remarks. He didn't say much, but he DID add in his remarks that just like the children, HE was a child of God and that God loves him. It was perfect - (i had suggested that he was free to use the line to tie it all together) because that was my goal - to have them hear t he line repeated over and over, and for the spirit to confirm that regardless of our differences, including age, likes and dislikes, etc... we are all children of God.

I was thrilled that so many people made comments about how they felt the spirit, not just "oh that was so cute. I just love to see the little children, etc..." All but about 5 kids had their parts memorized, and it really was a great experience. I started the day pretty stressed out, but ended on a total high! I felt that I followed the promptings of the spirit in the writing of the program, and I feel we accomplished what the Lord wanted us to do.

The crash and burn part? that would be today. for whatever reason (PMS, Bi-polar???) today I just felt let down, depressed, unmotivated, etc... I feel like I am so BI-POLAR... I feel like I was on such a high yesterday, so then today I crashed back down to earth. It is just ridiculous - there is absolutely no logical reason for me to feel down, and yet I couldn't shake the feeling. what's up with that????? Hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.