Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Theory of relativity strikes again....

I don't really k now newton's theory of relativity...  but I know how I use the term... that everything is life is relative.  FOR EXAMPLE - in the spring, when you are used to winter temperatures, 60 degrees feels warm /hot ], you work outside wearing t-shirts and are feeling warm and comfortable... (and the kids want to turn on the sprinkles  and play in the water and don't understand why you tell them no...)  In the fall, when you are used to the  hot temps of summer, when it hits 60 degrees I feel cold, pull out the sweatshirts and jackets, and the kids want to drink  hot cocoa.

Today I experience another verification of the all t hings being relative.  We woke up to the first "real" snow of the season.  (we have had an unseasonably warm fall,  only one other day that dropped a few flakes,  but nothing really stuck...)  The kids woke up and were shouting  for joy.  They were all ready for school early and out playing the snow.  Caleb has  been out sledding in the front yard all  morning - they are all THRILLED!  

Me? not so much.  I am COLD.  Dread driving on the slick roads.  Hate going outside at all, for any reason...

I expect that when I was younger, I was the same  as my kids, loving the wonder and fun that snow play brought - but as an adult, don't really remember that AT ALL - and can't seem to conjure up any feelings of love for the white cold stuff!  OK - I do  love the way it LOOKS.  If I could just sit inside the warm house, curled up w ith a cup of hot chocolate  and a good book, with my little space heater running right in front of me - then it would   be great.  unfortunately, that isn't quite how life works  most of  the time...

I did convince Tim that it was a good  idea to stay off  the roads today, and he is working from home, so  one less thing to worry about.  I'll have to go out 3 different times to run to the school - once  to take caleb to kindergarten  at noon, then 3:00 after school pickup for carpool, then 4:00 pick up Aaron  (he stays after school most days for play practice, or extra help  on the trumpet, or stuff like that...) 

 fun fun fun.