Sunday, November 1, 2009

Just point me to my bed!!!

Man am I worn out! Today was as crazy as I expected. We had our first practice for our primary sacrament meeting program - which is next week. My pianist was home sick, so I had a new person playing for me - who was sight reading 3 of the songs (the ones not in the primary song book) The kids were either totally hyped up with the Halloween sugar coursing through their veins, or else they were in a post-sugar/up too late stupor. It was really CRAZY! One more week. Then I can go back to playing, singing, relaxing and just plan having fun with the kids - without the added program stress - for another year.

I want to post our Halloween pics, but they are still on the camera - and I have a video of Caleb that I am DYING to post, but IT is also still on the camera; so you will just have to wait in eager anticipation for those - and settle for a shortened gratitude list

1 - I am thankful that it is bedtime.

2 - I am thankful that Tim was so patient tonight and took over all kid and house related duties for way too many hours while I went to choir practice, then ran around doing primary stuff and visiting teaching stuff.

3 - I am thankful that it is bedtime!

4 - I am thankful that it is not my week to drive carpool.

5 - I am thankful that it is bedtime - RIGHT NOW!!!! (g'night!)

(PS - I am NOT grateful that now I have to wait a whole year for the next FarWorld book to come out. I just bought and read Land Keep - (the second book in the series by J. Scott Savage, you may recall from these posts how we first got into the series) and I almost wish I had waited to get into the series until ALL of the books were out. I just hate waiting!!!)

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Oh, you are having one of THOSE Sunday evenings. Half our Primary kids were sick for our last practice, and our pianist was sick for the sacrament meeting program. You can imagine how glad I am to have it a week behind me, and to be singing Christmas songs in Primary again. :-) Y'know, the craziness today might also have had something to do with all the Primary kids messed up biorythyms--I'm not sure an extra hour of sleep helps all that much on Halloween weekend.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Our program is next week too. I just found out DS was supposed to give me the music for the song he's apparently singing...fun fun.

Hope you had a nice Halloween!