Monday, November 23, 2009

EEEWWWWW!!!!!!

The cold weather has apparently sent the mice looking for warmer places to settle down for the winter. Aaron told me the other night that he thought he saw something mouse-like running in the kitchen, but I thought it was his imagination... UNTIL this morning when I found EVIDENCE of the little bugger(s) in my pantry.

HEAR YE HEAR YE MICE - you are NOT welcome in my home!



I went down to the grocery store tonight and bought an arsenal of mice killing weapons. Hoping for quick resolve of the problem! I worked WAY to hard gather my food storage this past year to have the little critters nibbling away at and contaminating all my food! GROSS!!!!

And just so you don't give me a hard time about my methods - like my son Aaron is... I tried the humane way once, catching the mice in a live trap, then hiking up the hill and releasing it. I swear that little mouse beat me back to the house every time. I caught a mouse everyday, until once when I set it free, Jasmine happened to see it and kill it. Never caught another one after that, nor did we find evidence of any more mice, so I figured I must have been catching the same mouse over and over. Not playing that game again...

1 comment:

Melissa Cunningham said...

Yikes! We went through that same thing last year. It really came to a head when a mouse ran across my head during the middle of the night. Uh huh. You got it. Across my HEAD!!! We brought out the big guns and I feel NO guilt whatsoever!