Tuesday, October 27, 2009

bean museum

It was a good day. My mom came over and watched Caleb and Bryan while I went to volunteer with Aaron's class. Then we drove her back over to the Bean Museum (BYU) so she could do her volunteer work there. (pinning bugs for the entomology dept) Since we were already there - I took the kids into the museum. I didn't realize how long it had been since we were there - but apparently it's been a while. Bryan didn't remember ever being there, and I don't think Caleb's ever been. They both loved, loved, loved it!
At the end of our visit, I let Aaron and Katrina walk through the gift shop. I told them I wasn't going to buy anything but that they could get prices and decide what they wanted, then earn the money and I would bring them back. I think I'll get some good mileage out of this -- they were tripping over themselves tonight trying to help and be good. I liked it - A LOT! Let's hope it lasts. Aaron's trying to earn enough for the microscope - ($35.00 plus tax) So I'm thinking if I can keep him motivated - this will be a good thing!

I'm exhausted. Gettign up at 5am is KILLING me! (but it's great to have time to visit wiht Holly again. I've really missed that. The exercise is just an added bonus...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Aaron like the acual museum ? I remember going there on a feild trip too! I really is the two headed snake still there? did you see it? Is he still trying to earn money?
-Maddie