Wednesday, October 21, 2009

making a comeback...

I need to make a blogging comeback. For all intents and purposes, I took the summer off from blogging. (I have continued reading all of your blogs as they are fed to me through my google reader...) Now I need to get back on the horse! I'm not exactly sure why it so difficult for me to find the time to blog. (or do all of the other things that I want to do...) Anywho... I am going to try to be a bit more regular in my blogging.

Monday was my birthday and I was excited to find that Tim had printed out the first two years of my blog into a book. It was so great! (I've been looking into it for a while now, but never actually did it cause Tim wanted to see if he could find a better price. Apparently he did, cause I now have a "fickle pickle" book! My kids were loving it. They spend the evening looking through it at the pictures and reading some of the posts. Best journal I've ever kept! As I said, I need to get back to it.

I've seen it happen to so many people - they get on facebook and their blogging just dies. I got onto facebook about a month, maybe 6 weeks ago. I don't do a lot with it, don't play any of the games or do the quizzes, or any of that stuff, in fact, I hide them as soon as I see them in 90% of the cases. I don't post there all that often either. but it still have taken away the time that I may have spent posting a more lasting blog entry. My overall feeling is that facebook is a nice way to find people you haven't seen in years and years and it turned out to be a good way for people to share in long distance grieving with the AF band accident and subsequent death of their teacher, but over all, I feel like it isn't really as "connecting" as blogging is. It ends up being so much more superficial and trivial. (saying that out loud makes me laugh at myself... like I am so "deep" and "complex" in the things I blog that I can call something else superficial...ha ha ) it's more the fact that I use blogging as my connective journal. Journal entries for me, that friends and family can share along in. I generally don't put things on here that are super sensitive or super personal, because it is such a public forum, but it is such a great way to share the happenings of my life.

SO - all of that to say... I'M BACK. (i hope... what that means is you should be able to expect my 1 - 3 posts per week (if I don't fizzle) all full of such exciting things as what housework I did that day, any funny tidbits from the kiddos, and maybe an insightful thought here or there.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Yippee!!

You and I seem to have about the same philosophy on Facebook. I think it is a GREAT way to find out little trinkets of information about my friends who don't blog, and I'm glad to have it for that reason.

All the same, I'm a blogger, not a facebooker, and so I don't do all that much there. No quizzes, no apps, infrequent status updates. I figure if people want to know what's going on with me, there's a link to my blog right in my profile and they can go there.

I love reading your blog, housework stories and all, so I'm glad your back.

(Some nights, as I'm trying to fall asleep, I STILL lie there and laugh as I remember the video of Aaron jumping head first into the snow drift. Good times.)

Harmony said...

Ditto what Charlotte said (minus the part about the Aaron jumping in the snowdrift video--I'd forgotten about that). :-)