Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Gratitude

When I got my "blog book" - I really liked re-reading my Sunday gratitude lists, so I think I want to start back up again with them.


Today I am grateful for

* ice cream. (don't ask me why - it was just the first thing that popped into my mind. My Grandpa Allred LOVED ice cream and I think it's in my genes. (I know it's evident in my jeans)

* strong hubby and neighbor. (we rearranged some rooms yesterday and I was SUPER thankful when Aaron B. came down and helped us move the heavy couch back downstairs.

* central heating (and air). We haven't turned on the heat yet, but it's been chilly enough that I keep thinking about it. I am just thankful to know that at any moment I can go flip the switch and "ahhhhhh - HEAT!"

* music. I love good music. I love to sing. I love hear my children singing. (and my "primary kids") Music touches my soul in a way nothing else can!

* Good books. I just finished "The Great and the Terrible" series by Chris Stewart. I really enjoyed it. now when I have negative thoughts I am totally like, "hey, you evil spirits - get away from me. I WILL NOT listen to you!"

* sleeping in. Not that I get to do this all that much any more, but it is fore front in my mind since starting tomorrow, I'll be getting up at 5:00am to go exercise with Holly. (yuck! the exercise & early morning, not Holly;)

* family fun time. we took the kids to pumpkin land yesterday and had a fun time, even though it was rainy and cold - and the kids were wet and nearly frozen by the end... it was still lots of fun and I enjoy those times when we can all just relax and play together. We don't do it enough.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Ice cream--always! And music--yes! I was so proud of our Primary kids in our sacrament meeting presentation today, but I really felt the spirit when they sang. And I love getting Primary songs stuck in my head.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I love your list!

I've had to reduce my gratitude for Ice Cream to like, once a week.