Tuesday, May 12, 2009

vacation - day 3

Sunday was a calm and relaxing day. We went to church in the morning. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to attend a Relief Society lesson and I especially enjoyed sitting through an adult Sunday school class with Tim. It has been a really LONG time since I've been able to do that. (3+ years) (I must confess however, that I stood in the doorway of the primary room a little longer than necessary. Under the guise of making sure my kids were okay in their classes, I stood for a while, checking out the primary set up, and especially watching the chorister. I really do love primary, the music, and the spirit of the children.)

We enjoyed a laid back Sunday afternoon - then went to watch the San Diego cousins at a rehearsal for their sign language classes upcoming performance. It was so fun to watch. I tell you what - if I lived in the area, I would be in that class for sure! Then we drove over to the San Diego temple. unfortunately we got there too late and the gates were closed, but we still got some pictures.
My sister in law Kathy had been out of town, teaching a seminar in Portland, and she got back Sunday night. Tim and I had taken over their bedroom while she was out of town, so while Richard and the kids went to pick her up at the airport, we packed up all our gear so we'd be ready to leave early the next morning, changed the bedding etc... and did our best to get the room back ready for her. I was glad I got to visit with her for at least a short time before we left the next morning. (Richard and Kathy are just amazing people. I am always so impressed and inspired after spending time with them. I always come away wanting to improve my life in so many ways.) THANK YOU Richard and Kathy for a great visit!!! We sure do love you!

No comments: