Monday, May 25, 2009

making progress...

Are you sure this is Memorial Day weekend? It sure feels like LABOR day weekend to me!!!

We have been working our tails off all weekend and I am pretty worn out, but I am sure feeling great about the progress we are making!

First off - I have to have a bragging moment. Look at this picture. No, I'm not bragging about an organized garage, although it IS better than it was, but there's still much for improvement. What you are looking at are the 3 - 50 gallon water drums. (plus if you look really closely you can see two clear 5 gallon water containers too.) I am so excited to have my recommended amount of water storage!!! GO ME!!!! We have about 100 gallons of "drinking water" (there's some stored in the house and in the back shed too) and another 100 gallons of washing, cleaning, flushing etc... water. I'll tell you what... it really feels great to have that done!


Other things we accomplished this weekend:

*Saturday morning was taken up with piano lessons and gymnastic make up class. The afternoon was spent rearranging things in the garage to accommodate the new water barrels. In the process, we cleaned the garage. (We didn't go through and organize all the shelves, but just the fact that everything is back on a shelf is great!)

* Sunday was of course church (we played "music-land" in Singing time. My own knock off of Candy-land. I'll try to take a picture of it and post it later - another bragging thing... Anyway, the kids loved it, and we only got 1/2 way through the game, so we will finish playing this week.) Tim did a bunch of home teaching, we played games as a family... I think that is about all I can think of for that day.

* Today we tackled our room downstairs (it will eventually be the family room, but I get so hot during the summer that we have our bedroom down there right now - I sleep so much better when it's cooler... Anyway - that room has been the house DUMPING ground for the past year. There was basically a path into the room and around the bed. STUFF piled up everywhere else. It took about 3 hours, but we cleaned it up and rearranged it so it's a more usable space. It looks a million times better now! I've been meaning to tackle it for a long time now, but it was simply too overwhelming... Having Tim to help made it doable. Just barely, but DO-able.

* Also today I helped Bryan and Katrina get their rooms cleaned, including taking out all the winter clothes and organizing their drawers.

Unfortunately, all the cleaning means that I have a mountain of laundry to do, but the good news is that I'm 4 loads into the mountain. Well, 4 loads into washing and drying. I haven't started folding yet... And the other good news is that by removing most of the clothes from their rooms, the laundry pile will be much more manageable during the summer. (nothing being knocked out of drawers during the "searching" and then being thrown CLEAN into the dirty laundry basket. (not that that ever happens, but just in case...)


I supposed I need to get started on dinner. Maybe I'll try to talk Tim into taking me out to eat - since we all worked so hard...

6 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm impressed. My house needs a LABOR day weekend too!

ali cross said...

Wow Jeri, I'm super impressed with your water storage! that's awesome!

I laughed out loud when you said it should be Labor Day. Oh how I hear ya on that!

Congrats on all you got done!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Wow, busy day! Good for you!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Great job--busy lady!!

ali cross said...

hey Jeri! I've tagged you!

Kristi said...

I LOVE it when I have a good ole fashioned booty kickin weekend when you just get er done. Things that have been on your back for months, or years, and you just bust it out. Congrats girl...sit back...and enjoy for a few minutes. You earned it. But only a few minutes though, the kids will be getting into trouble if you rest for more than that. :)