Thursday, May 28, 2009

suffering from...

Not sure what the deal is - but I have a problem. I've suffered from the debilitating, cyclical symptoms for years. I can't seem to find a cure. What is the problem?

I have a serious case of "one-day-wonder-itis."

The main symptom is that I am great - a real wonder - - for ONE day. I accomplish lots of good things; cleaning the house, playing and having fun with the kids, making good meals, being aware of the needs of others, doing service, and having a general overall feeling of enjoyment my life.
Then... almost as certain as day follows night, the next day I can't get anything done, I can't clean, I'm easily irritated with everyone, I don't want to do anything at all...
Believe me, my children easily undo EVERYTHING I accomplish on the good day in a few hours; give them 24 hours... let's just say that I will never ever ever catch up!

I'm telling you - it is a PAIN!

I WANT to have a clean home. I want to be a kind, loving, and patient mother. I want to be a happy and productive person. and I would really like to be able to do it at least 2 days in a row - for crying out loud!!! I can already hear people saying "Don't over do it all the first day" - "spread it out" - "pace yourself," blah blah blah. IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!! Maybe it's just me, but I just can't seem to find a happy medium - 2 day pace.

Just had to get out of the closet on that one. thanks for letting me get it off my chest.


(the current adventure at my house is sick, throwing up people. I'm thinking that it would be just my luck if we picked up swine flu while we were at Disneyland. Wouldn't that just be the perfect ending of our Murphy's vacation? The good news is that I haven't come down with it yet. Tim was home really sick today and he usually is the one that stays healthy - so I'm a little concerned that I'm next in line... but I've got my fingers and toes crossed that it is my turn to dodge this bullet and that I'll be lucky and not get it. Wish me luck with that, Eh?)

7 comments:

Holly said...

Jeri!! You are too hard yourself! So what if you can't be the energizer bunny for two days in a row?! That is fine...in fact, It's totally normal! You have a home where your kids feel loved and safe, that's what matters the most. You are also an example to everyone around you...a really great example of service, love, and faith. You are amazing Jeri!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I feel this way a lot of the time too.

Harmony said...

I'm with you on this one.

Anonymous said...

If you find an answer to this particular problem, lets bottle it and sell it for $1 each - we'd make a mint!!!

I'm the same way - I feel like what's the point of doing the same dishes over and over when they're just going to get dirty again in an hour! No matter how many times I vacuum, stuff gets spilled all over the living room floor ten minutes later, so why bother?

So, like I said; you keep working on the answer, I'll start collecting canning jars! LOL

Anonymous said...

oh, and thanks for the vote of support over at WC!!

Melissa Cunningham said...

I've finally figured out my problem. Now everything makes sense. I have Chronic Fatigues Syndrome. It took a year at least to figure out.

Shellie said...

If you do manage to do two days in a row, I will get an inferiority complex. I figure if I get one of those things done in a day, I'm an accomplished person. How I'd love even an occasional day that I get everything done in.