Sunday, May 17, 2009

A new look - and a sweet Katrina

So - all you google reader people(like me), who read every post but rarely click on over to the original - feel free to pop on over and check out my blog's new look. After 2 full years, I decided to give it a face lift. It's been a couple days, and I still like it, so I believe it's a keeper.

After blogging all about our vacation (with emphasis on many of the the Murphy moments) I just wanted to do one last post about the vacation to let you know that we had a great vacation. (I can honestly say that - now that we are home and I am looking back.) I am really so thankful that we won the trip and were able to make some great family memories. The Murph'isms just added to the memory.

I thought I'd share one of the more touching moments. It actually took place on the WORST day - the lost ticket Tuesday. Tim and Aaron were in the park, and I was back in the hotel room getting the other 3 ready to go swimming. I finally lost it and started crying about the whole disaster. Now I should tell you, I don't cry easily or often. Books and movies are exceptions of course. I can cry easily for the pain and sadness of others - just not for myself. I'm slightly impaired in that area. Anyway, I digress. back to the story.
I was crying and having a tough time getting it together. Katrina was concerned and asked what was wrong. I expressed how sad I was that the Disneyland part of the trip (the whole reason we even went) was now ruined. She looked at me and in all seriousness said, "Mom, you don't need to cry. I don't care about it. Disneyland is fun, but my family is more important to me than Disneyland."

She is a sweet girl and I am so grateful that she is so loving, caring, and has a great eternal perspective on things. Don't be deceived, she still fights with her siblings at times, still cops an attitude that really gets me worried about the teenage years, and she is still a normal drama filled little girl, but I love her and can see so much faith and goodness in her.

Time to get moving, I need to get ready for church, and I'm still not prepared fully for my primary singing time. (I've got Sr. singing time planned, but not settled in my mind about Jr.) I'm supposed to be at church early too, since the choir is singing today and needs to do a pre-church run thorough. I'm not certain I should even go, since I have never practiced this particular song with them, however, our choir very small, and I am one of 3 altos (usually 1 - 2 at any given practice) and this week Tenille (one of the altos) is out of town, so I feel like I really need to go, learn the song quickly, and sing. So - here I go.

Hope you all have a beautiful Sabbath!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love the new look, and Katrina's words are priceless.

I was thinking about you guys and your murphy-isms this morning. Did I ever tell you (I think I did) about the time we went to Disneyland on my 10th birthday? My dad had a conference in the Disneyland hotel in Anaheim, so we were able to stay there. I loved the hotel, but I accidentally pushed the fire alarm button and Bobby and I got stuck in the elevator (he was eight) for a fair amount of time, all by ourselves.

Maybe there's something about that hotel . . .

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

What a sweetheart. I love the new look too, very pretty!

musicmom said...

I love those tender kid moments. Trina is a sweetheart. I love blogging, because it is a fun way to record them.

I think murphy is now off his vacation and has moved onto our house. (We have a new flooding problem.)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I LOVE this new look! It's beautiful! I am so sorry about the lost ticket. I need to go back and read.