Friday, September 26, 2008

funny kids...

a couple funny things from my day today...

At a nearby park this afternoon (complete with small pond, boardwalk, and wetlands area); Bryan kept saying, "be careful mom. be careful mom." I asked, "be careful of what?"
"Be careful mom, you might bump into a whale shark." Silly me. now why didn't I think of that??? For the next 5 minutes or so, he was completely obsessed about the whale sharks that he was certain were lurking under every bunch of moss, bridge, bush, and tree.
He just couldn't accept my reassurances that there were NO WHALE SHARKS!!!

I was just sitting here bemoaning the fact that I worked SO hard yesterday to clean up the kitchen. Believe me, I worked SO SO SO hard! Aaron wondered what was wrong and I told him, "I worked so hard yesterday to get the whole kitchen clean, and now it is such a mess again. I just don't know what to do." With all the wisdom, logic, and simplicity of a child, he looked at me and said, "well, that's easy. You go clean it up."
OF COURSE!!! that's the answer I have been trying to put my finger on all day long...

I know there were a couple more funny things that I wanted to share, but they have apparently buried themselves somewhere deep in the vast recesses of my mind, perhaps never to be heard of again - so you have all been spared!

I supposed that now I should get my little backside into the kitchen and CLEAN IT UP!. (while keeping an eye out for rouge whale sharks, of course.

4 comments:

ali cross said...

LOL Jeri.

I'm terrible at remembering the funny things my kids say. It's moments like that I wish I had a video camera implanted in my head so all those moments wouldn't be lost. Cuz I'm just no good at remembering.

Hey, I tagged you on my blog - just a fun little game, if you want to play!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I just read through all your old posts I'd missed ! I guess it had been a while! I love to see you posting. I really miss it when you don't.

You are one of my favorite people to read about.

Cleaning the kitchen is highly overrated. Someday we'll have robots that do that.

Holly said...

Your kids are so funny! I love to hear about the silly things they say and do, they always make me smile!

Sorensen Family said...

I know how you feel! The kitchen is just one area that I loathe cleaning. It just gets messy 5 minutes after Im done.
Your kids are funny. Im glad you take the time to write it somewhere so you can remember those kinds of things!