Wednesday, May 28, 2008

HELLO!!!! This is NOT ok with me!!!

Just had to share - In the space of 3 days, I've had 2 people ask me if I'm PREGNANT!!! I think NOT! My baby is only 5 months old, for cryin' out loud!!!

I'm guessing that I should be taking this as a neon-flashing sign that I need to stop eating so much junk food (especially chocolate) and do a few more sit-ups. (and since I'm not currently doing ANY sit ups a few more is only 2 or 3 a day right???)
ANYWAY - now back to my regular life that I AM ok with.

I've been pretty busy as of late and haven't been posting much. Here's a brief synopsis:

Memorial Weekend was enjoyable. We worked hard in the yard Saturday morning, then took the kids to Topaz Mountain to go "rock hounding." It was a long drive, and not really so much fun for me and Caleb, but the kids had a great time climbing all over the mountain collecting topaz and seeing lizards. (plus one big Gopher snake)

Monday I pulled a few more weeds (during a brief break in the rain), then for FHE we went to the cemetery and put a few flowers on family grave sites. I took the family history book with me and read the testimonies of great grandpa Theras and great grandma Florance to the kids. Then Tim showed the kids how to do a "rubbing" of the headstone and they each got to do one. (It sounds like a better home evening than it turned out to be. you know kids - Bryan just wanted to run around and hit all the balloons that people had put on different grave sites, and Aaron and Katrina wanted to run around and look at the statues on various graves. We persevered as best we could, and I at least enjoyed reading the testimonies of my great grandparents.)

Yesterday I had a WONDERFUL day! I went to my favorite local greenhouse and had a delightful time wandering around in the plants and flowers. I was with my friend Holly, so we had two adults to help keep the kids semi-under control, and since they got to pull the little red wagons with our flowers selections - they thought it was fun. I probably spent a little more money than I should have, but it was SO great. Then I came home and spent 3 hours planting and weeding. I LOVE IT!!!

This is a picture of the container I planted. My High Country Gardens catalog had a huge "container garden" section in its last issue, so I just picked which one I liked best, then took the picture with me to make sure I got the right plants. The greenhouse didn't have the exact type of grass, but I got one that looks great. I also ended up adding a tall pink flowered plant (I don't know the name, since the tag was missing) - but Katrina fell in love with the little pink flowers and just "had" to have it. It looked good with the combination so I bought it. (a case of "twist my rubber arm")

That about sums up my life for the past week. Today is Aaron's last full day of school, (1/2 day tomorrow) then it is on to what will hopefully turn out to be a fun filled and productive summer!

Gotta get cracking -

6 comments:

Holly said...

Your new container looks beautiful on your porch! I really like the pink flowers that Trina picked out :)

Cheri said...

I love going to the garden stores and picking out flowers. I did that on Mother's day weekend. I loved it! It's hard to get outside to weed but when I do I just feel so much better about life. I also love "Preen". It keeps the weeds gone so that come summer I don't have as much pulling and can enjoy my hard work earlier in the season. I planted my corn and canteloup yesterday. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so can't wait till I can eat some!

Sounds like a fun weekend...we went camping up AF canyon to Granite Flats for Memorial Day....Brrrrrrrr can we say we smelled like a bomb fire coming home because we never stopped sitting around the fire?!
We had a good memorable experience to say the least! :)

Kristi said...

I was Ca-rackin up with your description of your FHE. I was totally envisioning what a wonderful spiritual experience you were having, and then you described what the kids were doing. I LOVED it. It is so real. We do our best, and they do get teeny tiny tidbits every now and then. Thanks for sharing.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

People can be so rude!! I have made that mistake before and now, I NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant or when she's due unless she looks like she is ready to pop any minute!! I have also had someone ask me that before too when I wasn't and know how it feels. It definitely motivates doesn't it though?

I would like to have a green thumb. Maybe I will someday but it's not conducive to laziness which is a quality I'm working on at the moment!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I get that question all the time (grrr.) I always respond with rolled eyes and "are you kidding? I have an infant." Of course my DD is 3 1/2 now, so its less convincing. People should mind their own business.

Oh, and I cannot believe your baby is already 5 months old!!!

Shellie said...

How fun! You do not look pregnant, unless you managed to gain 50 pounds in like 4 weeks.