Monday, June 2, 2008

can only go up from here... (i hope)

here it is, 6:30 am - and I should be out on my morning walk. Instead I am sitting here at my computer - totally exhausted and wanting to go back to bed! Not exactly the best way to start off a brand new week!

Last Friday I took Bryan into the Dr. He had ear infections in both ears, and the dr told me that the left ear drum looked ready to burst, so that I shouldn't be surprised at all if it ruptured within the next 24 hours. FUN FOR ME! He's been on steady doses of ibuprofen and antibiotics since then, and he is a little less crabby now.

Needless to say, I haven't been sleeping really well for a while, but I was hoping last night would start a new trend. Didn't happen. First off, I had trouble falling asleep, (I just haven't learned how to shut my brain off at night...) then between Caleb, Bryan, and Katrina - I got less sleep than ever!

I usually try to handle all of the middle of the night stuff so that Tim can get sleep. (If figure it's more fair that way since he has to get up and go to work, and I can technically take it easy - try to squeeze in a nap- at home. But last night when I heard yet another crying child upstairs, (Katrina crying this time because HER ear hurt) I woke Tim up and sent him to get her some Motrin. That worked for only about 2 hours before she was screaming again. SO - I've been up since just after 5 (which I know is normal for some of you out there, but I'm not a morning person and I've been really pushing myself to get up at 6:10 to go walking...)

So - here I sit, my eyes (and brain) so tired that I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. Aaron, Katrina, and Caleb are also awake. (Tim and Bryan still sleeping) I am waiting until the dr's office opens up at 8:30. (or maybe the Instacare at 8:00) My house is a total wreck and with my current level of energy (pretty non-existent) I don't have much hope that it will see marked progress throughout the day:(

Here's hoping that things go up from here -

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh dear Jeri. Hang in there okay? This too shall pass.

Harmony said...

What a way to start summer vacation. I think you should institute mandatory nap time for EVERYONE, if anyone (besides the baby) wakes you up in the night for ANY reason! You deserve it!

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

I have periodically had the problem of my brain not wanting to shut off. Usually I don't have too much trouble getting to sleep, but if I get awakened at all during the night, my brain won't quit. I find that the thing that helps me the most is to get out of bed and write down the things I'm thinking about. Any ideas I have, questions, and possible solutions--you never know, it could be the Spirit trying to tell you something. Once I have done that I don't seem to have any trouble getting back to sleep.

Ear infections are no fun, but the up side is that once the eardrum bursts, the pain is gone and it starts to repair itself.

I hope your week gets better! If you have any great ideas for Summer schedules, please let me know, I am in the market for ideas!

ali cross said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear so many kids are sick Jeri!

I hope you were able to get them taken care of tonight so hopefully you can sleep well tonight.

Hugs to you!

Shellie said...

I feel your frustration, but on days like this? Just let it go! Hopefully everyone will soon be on the mend, you'll get some sleep and you can attack the mess again and get back to your routines.

Kristi said...

I know how that feels when you are so tired, you just want to cry, but that takes energy so you just are in a fog all day. Chocolate seems to help in those situations. :)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You poor thing. I feel for you. I have been there and will probably will be again.

Keep your chin up. I liked that suggestion of just getting up and writing down what you can't quit thinking of. I'm going to try that.

Anyway, Hope it works and good luck.

Unknown said...

Jeri - I'm so sorry that you're have so much sickness with the kids. I hope they get better soon and you get some sleep. Being a mom is tough and you have my utmost admiration.

Anonymous said...

You SO have all my sympathy! Can I just say I have struggles with one when he doesn't feel good - I think you are my new hero!

Thanks for swinging by my new blog!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh man, that is no fun at all. I hope you don't have any ruptured ear drums!