Saturday, February 25, 2023

Pantry Organization

 Hello - it was a pretty good day.  

The thing I am most proud of for today is that I managed to plan out this weeks WFPB menu, then I went shopping to buy what I needed.  (Food planning is always a challenge for me...  I don't really know why, but it is!)  

I also cleaned out and organized the pantry - hopefully in such a way that I will waste less food (usually because I can't find something I "thought" I had, so then I go buy more, and by the time I find the one I lost, it has gone bad) and I can start to feel more confident using WFPB staples.  I went to the Good Earth market, and they had lots of things available in the bulk bins...  I think it this new system works as I envision, the pantry should stay better organized, planning the shopping list should be easier, and I should spend less money.  Here's hoping!  


Another fun thing is that I found a cookbook titled "Simply Fresh" in my pantry (I have a LOT of cookbooks).  I don't remember how or where I came by this particular book, but as I flipped through, I LOVE it!  It has basic ingredient, WFPB meals, that look pretty easy to prepare, and fairly family friendly. Most of the meals I planned for this week came from that book. 

Food Log:

Breakfast - an almond cherry breakfast "cookie on the go,"  then later, some cinnamon oat pancakes topped with fresh strawberries & 100% maple syrup.

Lunch - I can't remember...  I wonder if I accidentally missed lunch...?

Dinner - Taco salad (sin carne)   

Snacks - handful of pistachios & a handful of no added sugar "chocolatey trail mix".  Another WIN from today (in additional to organizing the pantry)...  is that Caleb made a batch of brownies - and I didn't eat any.  even better, was that it wasn't killing me...  I mean, I love chocolate, but it wasn't like I was battling myself to NOT eat a brownie.