Sunday, February 26, 2023

Dinner was a WINNER! and my SABBATH was a "delight."

Today was a pretty great day.  There are many scriptures that speak of the Sabbath, and one of my favorites is Isaiah 58:13-14, which says, in part,

"If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,"

Today was certainly a delightful Sabbath.   Music is one of my most reliable conduits to feeling the spirit of God, and my day was blessed with beautiful music.  I am currently servings as the ward choir director, and we were scheduled to sing today.  The song is a long and challenging one (challenging for a ward choir anyway...  especially one where we have a slew of young children who are our most regular attending sopranos...) and we came super close to just deciding to postpone the song until we had a little more time to practice.  I really want to move forward though, so we worked extra hard and I am happy to say that it went really well.  It is a beautiful song, written by Ryan Murphy, called "Hear Him."  It is all about learning to hear the words of Christ and listen to the spirit as He directs us in our lives.  if you want to listen hear a recording... 
 


Then tonight we had our first Stake choir rehearsal, in preparation for our Easter Fireside that will be held at the end of March.  It is always such a blessing to sing with that choir and under the direction of Jim Kasen, who is a phenomenal musician and a dear friend.  Singing beautiful music that helps connect me to Christ and reminds of of His incredible gift of the atonement is just amazing!  I LOVE it!

It was a busy day - two choir practices, two hours of church, the boys had their "emotional resilience" self-reliance class, then Bryan had a mission prep class...  lots going on.  I knew we wouldn't have much time between getting home from church and the boys needing to leave for their first evening meeting, so we tried a new recipe for a "quinoa Enchilada Casserole that was a "2 hour in the crockpot" deal.  It went together super quickly, I was easily able to throw it all in the crockpot in my 45 minutes of time between ward choir and leaving for church.  Cooked on high while we were gone, and was ready to eat when we got home.  AND IT WAS DELICIOUS!  I really liked it and will definitely make it again.  

Here is a link to where I got the recipe - gotta give credit where credit is due!   https://jessicainthekitchen.com/slow-cooker-quinoa-enchilada-casserole/comment-page-3/?ssp_iabi=1677444595142#comments

*not a picture of my actual dinner...  I forgot to take a picture of mine before I ate it - this is a photo from the recipe post.  I followed the recipe as stated.  I used green enchilada sauce because apparently that was all I had downstairs.  Also, I didn't add cheese at the end.  I just added the lime juice, then let people put cheese on top of their own as desired.  (I tried a non-dairy cheese and the rest of the family used regular cheese. 

FOOD LOG:  
Breakfast was left over baked oatmeal (topped with strawberries and maple syrup). 
Lunch - I think I missed it again.  I don't feel badly about that, since I ate a late breakfast and an early dinner...
Dinner - Quinoa Enchilada casserole