Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Late night. a mom's job is never-ending

Short post tonight.  It is already after midnight and I should have been in bed hours ago.  I was up late helping Bryan work on his essay and resume that are required for his Governor's Honor's Academy (GHA) application.  The applications are due on Friday, but he is leaving tomorrow to go on the jr/sr trip...  and he won't really be able to work on it or submit it while he's gone, so we need to finish it and get it turned in by tomorrow evening.  Obviously, it took us a while, but I think we came up with a good finished product that will give him a good chance of being accepted into the program.  He is going to take them in to school tomorrow to get additional feedback from some of his teachers, then we'll do some final editing and get it all submitted. 

Now I need to get to bed!  lack of sleep is NOT my friend when it comes to me having the strength to resist sugars and other junk food.  

Food Log:

Breakfast - steel cut oats, topped with almond milk, strawberries, unsweetened coconut, almonds, cinnamon, and a drizzle of agave syrup (can you tell strawberries were on sale last week.  They are delicious and I am enjoying them in abundance while they last)

Lunch - Leftover Quinoa Enchilada casserole (it was just as good re-heated as it was yesterday) & leftover salad

Dinner - leftover veggie burgers with carrots & peas dipped in hummus and some Terra "real vegetable chips."  (yes, they are processed foods, but definitely better than my usual favorite, sour cream and onion Pringles... and I only had a small number.)

Snacks - handful of dark chocolate chips and pistachios