Thursday, September 23, 2010

Katrina's birthday "Mystery"



Seven years ago, (last Friday) our sweet little princess Katrina was born. As the only girl in our family, we are ever grateful for her "feminine influence." (I was certain she was going to be a boy. After she was born I kept saying, "are you sure it's a girl?") I can still remember the amazing feelings I had when she was born. Just something amazing and powerful. She has such an incredible spirit. So full of love and a desire to do what is right. I feel so blessed to be her mother. She teaches me SO much.

This year she gets a "friend party," but it hasn't happened yet. (I'm not good at planning parties anyway, and the whole "girl thing" is just WAY beyond my comfort zone!) Now that people are finally getting over this flu-like bug, I'll have to plan something.

So, she got to pick her birthday meal (she chose cheese stuffed pasta shells, with garlic bread, and salad + strawberry cake for dessert.)



The greatest part of the day was her present. She has been wanting a kitten for a LONG time. I considered it for her last birthday, but Tim wasn't ready for it. I tried again for Christmas, but again... NO. I asked again this birthday and my dear, sweet, PATIENT husband said I could get one! I found this sweet little baby girl online and went and picked her up on Friday morning. Her mom was a mix of Ocicat and Egyptian Mau. I had never heard of the Ocicat breed, but reading online that they are often considered a "dog personality" in a cat's body, I thought this might be the perfect cat for us. She is just the sweetest little thing, and Katrina was SO thrilled when she saw her. I just told Katrina that her present was in on her bed. She walked in the room got the BIGGEST grin on her face.

"A real ALIVE kitten!"

(Tim took a video of it, but I don't know how to find that so I can't post it here. maybe later)


She named her kitten "Mystery Joy Mellor" She is just a little ball of energy and fun. Katrina came in yesterday morning and said she was awake "all night" because Mystery kept trying to groom her. Mystery was holding Katrina's hand in her paws and kept licking.

Mystery and Jasmine are starting to come to terms with each other, but they are not all the way there yet.

Here is Mystery exploring the doll house. she was running up and down the stairs...
it was fun to watch

Katrina and Caleb by the "cat tree" that Katrina got with the kitten and other kitten supplies. It goes from floor to ceiling with 3 "shelves" or tiers that the cat can sit on. I thought it would be a while before Mystery figured it out, but nope, she just climbs (runs) to the top and back down like it's nothing...

playing with her new toy.
I went in that first night and Mystery was just curled up, sleeping by Katrina. SO sweet! (wish we could figure out how to stop that thumb sucking...)

She loves to sit and sleep on the windowsills.

No comments: