Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the fruits of my labors...

So - last night I didn't think I had it in me, but I guess somewhere - deep down... it was there. (barely) It doesn't look like much when you consider it took me from 6 am - 5pm, but here it is. 12 quarts of peaches, 23 quarts of pears, 4 pints of peach jam, and 4 pints of peach/pear butter.


Aaron took the picture of my jars, then he wanted to be in one, so here is my happy little photographer... (unfortunately, not a "canning helper" - this was a SOLO project, but the kids did help by keeping themselves mostly entertained throughout the day, and it only looks like a Severe Tropical Storm blew through, not a category 5 hurricane. I suppose "post storm clean-up efforts" will begin tomorrow. Wonder if the Red Cross or "federal disaster Relief funds" cover this type of "disaster."


Good night! I sure hope all the kids sleep through the night. I really need another good nights rest - and 5am walking comes awfully EARLY! There's a good question for you... why can't 5 am be LATER in the day???


Here's hoping Katrina can go back to school tomorrow...

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Good job Jeri! They look beautiful and delicious.