Sunday, August 2, 2009

children's choir

(help - I can't figure out why my post is in two different fonts... oh well - who cares.)

I was asked a couple weeks ago to be in charge of a children's choir for our upcoming stake conference. Believe me when I say that I am TOTALLY out of my comfort zone! but I said yes. Tonight was the first rehearsal, and I couldn't finish eating my dinner - I was SO nauseous. I was so nervous about the whole thing that I really seriously felt like I was going to throw up!

On the way to the practice, I tried to help myself feel better by singing the song from the sound of music, "i have confidence." I don't know that it helped me a whole lot, but it made the kids riding with me laugh so I guess some good came of it...

Anyway - our first practice went REALLY well. much better than I thought it would. I am feeling much better about the prospect of actually pulling this thing off. Next week we are going to attempt to pull a group of kids out and teach them a simple harmony part. It seems simple enough (to me) that I think the kids can learn it, and it will really add a depth and beauty to the music, but it is not essential, so if it gets too complicated, we'll just keep it in one part and call it good.

Well - that's the report for today. I should tell you about the ward camp out that we went on over the weekend, (it was very nice) but I am too tired right now and I need to get my whiny sleepyhead Caleb to sleep so I can get to bed myself.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sounds like fun! I love hearing our ward's children's choir perform!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Sorry I haven't been over in a while. I get so caught up. Sometimes I feel like I'm not a very good friend, so I'm sorry about that.

About your choir thing! That is fantastic! I have always admired your energy and verve! I wish I were more like that.

I see everything on a scale of how tired it will make me. I hate that but it's automatic. It's hard to change. What you're doing would make me happy, but very tired! lol