Thursday, August 20, 2009

family reunion'ish camp out

This past weekend we had a great family camp out up at Lost Creek Campground in the Uintas.

I could paint the trip with my rose colored glasses and only tell you about all the fun activities we did, beauties of nature, and how the cousins just loved running free and wild - playing with each other non stop from breakfast 'til bedtime... (some pictures to illustrate)

Some of the cousins - Bethany, Bryan, Aaron, Caleb,Abraham, Katrina, Adam, Mosiah, and Paige - up at Wall Lake. (a mile long hike isn't long, but it sure seems long when you are hiking with an 18 month old, a (barely) 2 year old and two 3 year olds)

Bryan out on Lost Lake. (Dallin and Adam are in the boat in the background)

Dallin riding the ATV (pre-tree accident)

That's MY Tim - "King of the log"

Some awesome moose that were eating breakfast right by our tent on Sat. morning


or I could be the "glass 1/2 empty" person and tell you the negatives of the trip, like when the atv snapped 2 tie downs and "drove" itself off the trailer and into a tree, or how it rained at least once a day, and how we nearly froze ourselves packing up in a SNOWSTORM...

smashed front end - after running into the tree

starting to snow as we packed up camp

starting for home... with the heater going full blast to thaw out our fingers...)


I guess I'll just say that I had a good time and I'm glad we went. NEXT time I will pack more clothes for the kids - Aaron was ALWAYS wet), more warm clothes, and more water proof stuff. (It's been too long since I've camped in the Uintas and I forgot how unpredictable the weather is up there...)

No comments: