Tuesday, August 25, 2009

driver fatigue -

No, I'm not talking about driving while drowsy. I'm talking about the fact that I REALLY got tired of driving around today. Felt like an underpaid taxi driver. here was my list for today:


7:50 - 8:15 drove carpool to school
11:45 - 12:10 drove kindergarten carpool to school
1:30 - 1:40 drove back to school to volunteer
2:50 - 3:00 drove back home (luckily I stay until school gets out, so I didn't have to make another trip)
3:55 - 4:10 drove Aaron and TJ to scouts
4:20 - 4:25 drove Katrina to a friends house (just a bit too far to walk for a 5 yr old alone, and since Bryan was still sick, I didn't feel like we could go on a family walk...)
5:00 - 5:20 drove to pick up kids from scouts, and picked up Katrina on the way home

I feel like I spent the day in the car. Blech! I realize that this isn't much driving for a lot of you, but I am just NOT a "run-around-in-my car-all-day" kinda gal. I really hate to have to leave my house. If I DO have to go out. I really do my best to get everything done all at once. I like to leave the house ONCE and once only!

We added another family to the carpool this year, and we each drive to and from school every day for a week. This new carpool situation is going to be crazy on the weeks that I have both regular carpool (morning drop off and afternoon pick up) PLUS the kindergarten carpool - but on the plus side, after this week, I won't have to drive the drop off/pickup for 3 more weeks - so that will be nice. (kindergarten carpool there is only one other girl, so that will be every other week - but hey - anything is better than nothing!

I'll admit that the whole driving thing is one down side to going to a charter school instead of the neighborhood school - where Aaron could ride his bike or walk... but for our family, the benefits have far outweighed any inconveniences. (not to mention that most of the kids in our neighborhood who go to the neighborhood school - STILL drive their kids everyday - but that's a post for another day.)

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Yay for trip effienciency! I find that the more I leave the house, the more money I spend too. :-&