Saturday, October 4, 2008

Manna from heaven

boy oh boy! I have always felt that the best session of conference is the saturday morning one - and I sure LOVED this morning.

So many messages of hope and joy. Pres Uchtdorf (especially) spoke directly to me. I have been feeling such despair lately and I so desperately needed his message of HOPE. I also really needed Elder Perry's talk about simplifying our lives and feeling more joy and peace in so doing. I am going to have to buy the CDs of this conference when they come out, so I can listen to these talks again.

I am so very grateful for a Father in Heaven who loves me and who answers my prayers so directly through these inspired leaders.

It's almost time for the next session to start. It's hard to imagine that anything could be as fulfilling for me as this morning's session was, but you know what the scripture says, "is anything too hard for the Lord?" And so I will watch the remaining sessions with faith and hope, and I expect that the Lord will continue to send me my own personal Manna from heaven, until I am filled to overflowing. (Shouldn't be hard - apparently my eyes/tear ducts are already there...)

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I agree with you 100%. I don't remember the last time a conference session has spoken so directly to my soul

Karlene said...

Me, too. Loved it.