Saturday, October 4, 2008

He did it again

Remember the (rhetorical) question I ended with on my last post - "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" In case you were wondering, the answer is NO!!!!

The afternoon session was another fantastic session of hope and comfort for me. I didn't have super high expectations, since the first session had already met and exceed every hope I went into the conference with --- and yet the very first talk once again touched my heart and lifted my soul. (and it kept going from there)

Talk about the "Balm of Gilead."

What an amazing day! I am so very very grateful!!!

7 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You are writing a lot lately! YEA! I need to catch up.

I missed the second session. My friend Lisa's mom died this morning so she called and asked me to babysit her little boy who has some serious physical disabilities.

He cries and cries if he doesn't have "Signing time" on the tv. Poor thing. He is blind, deaf, and has severe brain damage. I was glad to help her but I hated missing conference!

Oh well, see you later!

Holly said...

I know exactly what you mean! Every session of conference left me feeling so full of hope, love, and light. We may live in perilous times...but I am so grateful for the incredible leaders that have been so well prepared for us.

ali cross said...

I'm so glad that you found the sessions so helpful Jeri! That's wonderful! We were at the Saturday morning session and it was lovely. I can't say that any one talk touched more than another ... it was all wonderful.

LaChelle said...

Yay for General Conference! Isn't it great to get such a boost? There's nothing quite like hearing the prophets speak, to strengthen my testimony that the Lord loves us.

Jennica said...

I seriously felt the same way with Conference that they were talking directly to ME. I love conference for that reason.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I haven't been here in a kathousand years -- good to catch up with you! I love your family pictures slide show -- I'm a sucker for wedding and baby pictures!

Conference was awesome.

Shellie said...

I loved this conference so very much too. I'm so glad to be a Mormon girl!