Friday, January 4, 2008

WAHOO!!!

Hip Hip hooray - I blew my nose today!!!

This may seem trivial to all of you out there in blogland, but for me, this was a great milestone. I haven't been able to blow my nose with any kind of power since Caleb was born. (who knew that the nose was connected to the stomach??? Anyway, it felt GREAT! (that is one thing I actually like about being sick, or otherwise laid-up; it makes you SO very very grateful for the little things in life that you would otherwise give no thought to - like being grateful to be able to blow your nose.)

Another thing of interest: I got the following in an email from Melissa. I have seen things like it before but I still find it really amazing what our brains are capable of doing:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?


Lastly, if you are in need of a good laugh, I saw this clip from the Carol Burnett show on Shellie's blog this morning and I really got a chuckle out of it. I don't know how to put the youtube video right on my blog, but you can use this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9T8i4FkNVo - or you can go to little but loud and watch it there.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Shellie said...

I'm so glad to have a flybaby buddy! I will retrun and report! Ha ha! You get to recover from the c-section first. Hope you didn't get a big cold before you could blow your nose and congratulations on surviving. Was that your first c-section? My first baby was and the rest were not. I saw that reading thing somewhere recently too and was amazed. Also, if you go to youtube and look at a video, over to the side somewhere is a thing that says embed and you copy the stuff in the box and paste it in the html tab on your create post page. I hope that makes sense, if it doesn't I could try to get more detailed.

musicmom said...

I am glad you keep up on politics. I sure don't. I guess I need to get up to date before the election so I make an educated vote. Sounds like a strange duck though, if he can't even remember to put his hand over his heart. Even my kids know that!!

Laura