Thursday, September 13, 2007

Running in circles

This is pretty much how my week has gone. No earth shattering crisis or anything exciting like that... I have just felt like the faster I run, the faster I need to run. The harder I work, the more work pops out of the woodwork that needs to be done. The more I try to get done in a day, the more there is that needs to get done. It happened again yesterday, I really worked hard all day, and yet it came to be bedtime and the kids rooms were a mess, the kitchen floor was sticky, I had clothes still hanging out on the line, and I had finally lost any ability to be calm in dealing with my wonderful children. I've never really understood why hamsters, rats, etc... voluntarily get into the wheel and run - I for one and looking for the way OFF the wheel!

I guess the bright side is that today is another new day. I have tried to keep the schedule pretty open today. I am watching a neighbor's little boy for 2 hours this morning/afternoon while she goes to volunteer at school, I'm going to mow the lawn, and I need to make a trip to the post office (Tim has been selling some old books and movies online - which is great because it get them out of my house and we get a little extra play money - but it means I make frequent trips to the post office - which is not much fun for me or the kids) I suppose I should add mopping the aforementioned sticky floor to the list, but we'll have to see how it goes.

Let's see - anything to update on???

BYU game... They lost last week. It was very disheartening for me, because they came SO close to making a HUGE comeback! If only they had played BOTH halves - the game would have been in the bag. Oh well - they actually did look really good once they started playing. I'm sure they will have a great season this year.

the kids... Aaron still likes his teacher, and still doesn't like "school" (too much hard work) but his reading is really starting to improve. Katrina had her IEP for speech therapy Monday, and there was a little extra time so the teacher worked with her for a few minutes on the "c" sound. (By using a lollipop to hold down her tongue while she made the correct sound.) It was a little intimidating for her, but she was glad she endured it when she got the lollipop at the end. Bryan is coming down with a cold and as a result has been a tad bit cranky.

House guest... going as well as can be expected. It started out a little rough, and we still have days when my patience level doesn't seem to be able to expand to include one more person, but overall it is going fine.

Pregnancy... I am in week 27. The baby should be 9.6 inches long, crown to rump, or 15.3 inches in total length and weighs a little more than two pounds. I am feeling more and more "growing pains" and I am not really looking forward to the next 3 months of getting bigger and more uncomfortable.


That's about it. Better get going and get the lawn mowed before it gets to hot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, do I feel your pain. My life is exactly the same. If you ever figure out how to get off the wheel, drop me a line.

BYU had a rough first half, and if the Dallas Reynold's replacement hadn't been beat over and over the last five minutes of the game, we would have won. Oh well, I was still very proud of my boys. And didn't Max Hall look incredible!?

I didn't know you were pregnant. Not sure how I missed it. Please take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon (I guess that would be in a few months.)

Unknown said...

Quick FYI:

My young friend, Jeremy, has created an online petition to address the situation between Festival Cinemas and Comcast. Please read, sign and then call Comcast (801-234-6500) and register a complaint.

Petition to Comcast

Comcast has received a black eye over their little deal the MTN, which robbed huge numbers of Cougar fans from seeing their team play. They've demanded astronomical prices from everyone. Comcast is insisting on charging the Festival Cinemas Dollar theater $15,000 DOLLARS! Therefore making it uneconomical for anyone, especially a Dollar theater to show the games. Well now they've got two black eyes and their black hearts have been revealed.

We the Fans of BYU are Signing this to complain about this astronomical charge to this dollar theater, Festival Cinemas, to show the games. We demand they lay those lines as a sign of good will to this community and work with Festival Cinemas to continue providing such a wonderful thing.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
Click here to sign.http://www.petitiononline.com/MWCGAMES/petition.html

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

My baby was born at 28 weeks. Just picture that.

I think the rats like the wheel to distract themselves.

That is why I like to run if I could ever get it down!