Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Way to go Eric!


Good Morning all -

This morning my "baby" brother went to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple to received his endowment. It was great to be able to be there with him. It brought back wonderful memories of the first time I went to the temple - way back when...

Eric is 19 and recently received a call to serve a mission in Sydney, Australia, teaching discussions in Korean. He goes into the MTC in April. I am so proud of him!

My sister in law Rachael was there, along with my parents and some family friends. I look forward to the day when all of my brothers and sister and I (and our spouses) can be in the temple together. I have 2 brothers who are working on getting back to temple recommend worthiness - okay, one is working on it and I don't think the other is working so much, but I still have the hope...

The temple is such a wonderful place of peace and serenity. I am grateful I was able to start my day on this bright note. I am very blessed to have good friends that were willing and able to help out by getting Aaron off to school and taking care of the other kids while I was gone. As much as I love the temple, I still have a hard time leaving my children to attend. That is something I need to work on - being more consistent in my temple worship.

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is so wonderful! I toured that temple before it was dedicated. I thought it was beautiful.

Not all my family is active either. I long for the day we can all be together too.

I LOVE your blog! I am so glad you decided to start up!

Charlotte said...

Wow!!! Baby Eric went through the temple? I can't believe it! Somehow in my mind, he stayed at about 5 years old all these years. Surely he can't be going on a mission! Amazing!

My brother (Jacob) was married in the Mt. Timpanogus Temple. Actually, I think Julie was married there as well, come to think of it. I'm not as sure of that one though.