Friday, March 23, 2007

My three little treasures


These are my three little treasures. (Also my three biggest challenges, but that' s another story.) Aaron (6), Katrina (3), and Bryan (1). I just read a book called the "One Minute Mother" and I am currently reading "Parenting with Love and Logic." Both books focus on making sure your child knows first and foremost that they are loved - no matter what. Then you make sure they understand the expectations (or goals). Then you reinforce behavior, good and bad, with praising and consequences. I've been trying to implement the things I've learned and the past couple days have been much happier around around here. Now the trick will be to continue implementing. (I am the queen of "crash and burn.")

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Welcome to the blogging universe! How excited I am to be able to see more glimpses of your life!

(Christmas cards will be hum drum after THIS!)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Your kids are so beautiful! They look just like you!

I have done the love and logic classes. they are so good!

I am SOOOO happy you have a blog up now! Yea!