Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

As you can tell - I fell off the blogging bandwagon again - and it is becoming rather obvious to me that my blogging "roller coaster" follows rather closely to my "emotional roller coaster."  (obviously I've spent the last month or so on a mostly downhill portion of the track...)

I typically LOVE Christmas, but I had a really hard time getting into the right spirit this year.  I'm working on a few things, and planning to get back in to see Nathalie (energy healer) ASAP!  I am hopeful and confident that life will be back to it's regular ups and downs (as opposed to mostly downs) soon!

As I said, I am trying to do my part.  I've been listening to a Wayne Dyer seminar that I am finding very interesting - and I'm looking forward to trying out his "manifesting" mediation technique.  If all goes well, I'll be sharing some of the principles and affirmations here in the upcoming weeks.
 

I watched an online episode of "Hoarders" today, in an attempt to make myself feel slightly better about the constant state of chaos that my home is.  (prompted by a facebook comment made by one of my friends)  I definitely feel confident in saying that I'm in a better place than the two people they featured on the show I saw...

[And I should throw in here that my front room IS clean.  I took down the Christmas tree, and packed everything away a couple days ago.  I pulled out the furniture and vacuumed underneath it.  So ONE room is good - for as long as I can keep the kids out of it.  (just today I looked int here and saw Katrina's boots, coat, and stuffed animals - right where she dropped them when we walked in the door...)]

I just spent 30 minutes working in the kitchen (not done, but better) and now I'm feeling "inspired" to spend and hour in my bathroom and throw away some of the junk in there.  (we're talking makeup and nail polish that is from my "single" days... 
catch ya on the flip side!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I forget how quickly people rip their trees down! We keep ours up til January 8th, so we can celebrate Ukrainian Christmas. I do get right to it on the 8th though... Hopefully I will have time with the primary activity!

Harmony said...

Hang in there Jeri. Happy New Year!