Saturday, July 25, 2009

a great 24th of July

Golly gee - it really is hard to blog in the summer. I am really getting behind... oh well. I'm here now, and I'll tell you quickly about our day yesterday:

We had a great 24th of July. Tim had to work, but I told the kids I'd take them swimming if they worked hard in the morning and got their jobs done and the house picked up. We met Angel and 3 of her kids at a the pool. We played hard for 3 hours. The kids had a ball - Poor Caleb was so tired by the end that he was just about falling asleep in the pool. (he was sound asleep before we got back to the freeway.) We went home, changed, packed up dinner fixin's and headed back out. We went with our friends Holly and Aaron and the Howlett's up AF canyon for a BBQ. (Tim met us up there.) It was great. I haven't been up AF canyon for a LONG time - I had forgotten how much I like it.

When it got dark, we packed up and headed for home, making one more brief stop back at the Howlett's to watch Steven light off his fireworks. (Aaron set off about 1/2 of his as well. We'll do the rest here at home tonight.) It was a long day, finally getting home about 10:40, then having to carry in all the kids who were SOUND ASLEEP - but it was lots of fun!

I took a few pics up the canyon, but of course I still don't know how to get them off my camera, and if I wait to do this - who knows when I'll get back to it. so here it is without the pictures.

A little side note. I finally battled my facebook phobia and I reactivated my account (again, for the 3rd time) and I have left it activated for a whole week now. (the previous record for my account being activated was about 10 minutes) Am I amazing or what? I don't really 'get' it - the whole facebook thing, but I am there.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

We camped up AF Canyon the night of the 23rd. It was pleasant and a fun way to spend the holiday.